• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dodge 251 .030 mains

citizensoldier

Looking for a good deal (fair price) on a set of .030 main bearings for a 1954 Dodge 251. I also need a new upper cam timing gear and chain. Just wondered if anybody had a set laying around or knows of a good priced supplier. Not wanting to pay VP price right now but might have to. :shock:

zak

Have you tried Brian Asbury(519-853-1738) in Canada? He had a lot of parts for the 251. I found alot of my m37 cdn parts through him.
Larry Sage
Ortonville,Mi

Attachments

citizensoldier

Nice truck Larry! Brian s on my list and thanks for the number I could'nt find it in my pile of stuff. Come on up to the trail ride at the end of this month. We would love to see that truck on the trails..Is the blue ambulance a CDN truck too?
You balance those tires yourself? I couldnt get my tire guy to do it. He said he would not have enough lead...lol

zak

The local tire place did the tires. I need to go to a truck "tire place" and have them done right. I was in a hurry last year to get it done. I've been too busy this summer with house chores, work, and a duece dump to do it right.. The m43 isn't a Canadian model and is another project waiting to get to.

Attachments

citizensoldier

Nice.. I know what you mean about time and projects.. Well if you want to have some fun and or relax for a couple days with fellow M heads the GLMVPA/MMMT trail ride is Sept 28th to the 30th in Grayling. We run the tank trails, have cookouts and so on..
There is also a show in the Sleeping Bear Dunes area that starts the 15th. 67Beast puts that one on and will probably update his post about it soon.
Do you have any Canadian 251 parts for sale? Maybe a extra crank? Thanks man and hope to see that truck at some events.. That looks like authentic Canadian OD? Did you get it through Brian A?
I have lots of US M37 parts along with motors if you need anything for you ambulance..

zak

The only 251 parts I have is a used civilian oil pump and distributor. The green is just 24087 the local auto paint guy mixed up. The only parts that I know I need so far for the ambulance is the rear heater, and one of the supports for the rear step when its folded down. I'll keep Grayling in mind.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks