• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Copper Scrap Thieves --> CRISPY CRITTERS

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This was shared to me on facebook.

Seems some copper stealin' homies are now CRISPY CRITTERS....

Scrap Copper CRISPY CRITTERS.jpg

Ironically, Bubba's last words were: "I knows its safe! I don't see no 'lectristy flowin' through da cable."

One of the funeral directors here at the funeral home where I work commented that they probably don't even smell like burned flesh because at 13,200 volts they're COMPLETELY dehydrated. Image that! Just add water and you get a couple of "Stinkin' Thieves"!!!

MORAL OF THE STORY:

DON'T STEAL COPPER WIRE ! ! !

Carry on.

Last edited:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wish I had a big line like that in my barn. I'd put a "Free Copper" sign up.

The b@astard scrappers continue to pick around our place.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
This was shared to me on facebook.
Seems some copper stealin' homies are now CRISPY CRITTERS....
View attachment 554730
Ironically, Bubba's last words were: "I knows its safe! I don't see no 'lectristy flowin' through da cable."
One of the funeral directors here at the funeral home where I work commented that they probably don't even smell like burned flesh because at 13,200 volts they're COMPLETELY dehydrated. Image that! Just add water and you get a couple of "Stinkin' Thieves"!!!
MORAL OF THE STORY:
DON'T STEAL COPPER WIRE ! ! ! [Carry on.

Just one of God's ways of cleansing the gene pool!!:naner:

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Swbradley - It's not feasible to run 13,200 volts, but you could tie two 220 volt lines together and attach it to a beefy thick piece of copper protruding from the ground. Hang your FREE COPPER sign up above it with an arrow pointing straight down. That way you hide the dual 220 lines and make it look like there's a whole bunch of copper underground. When they hit that line with a shovel, they will get a VERY painful and unpleasant surprise. :shock: It won't cook the crooks like a major feed line will, but that'll cure them of poking around your barn for copper!

zout

Instantaneous JUSTICE. They don;t need no stinkin shots for the death penalty - just hook em to that baby. Lets start em back up fellas.

M1075

You may enjoy posting a pic from 2011 with a couple of crisp corpses, but I don't really see the tie in with military vehicles. I'm surprised the moderators haven't taken this thread down.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You may enjoy posting a pic from 2011 with a couple of crisp corpses, but I don't really see the tie in with military vehicles. I'm surprised the moderators haven't taken this thread down.
Allow me to help you recognize the hazard warning here.

We own and operate typically BIG green IRON TRUCKS, often in situations that cause us to be VERY NEAR to ENERGIZED POWER LINES. Yes, this thread's superficial thrust was triggered by a couple of thieves, that true brunt of our message here is about how much danger is traveling through those conductors.

Who here has not thought about responding to a natural disaster where downed power lines are a very real possibility?

Who here hasn't crossed under a low hanging power line with a load on their MV that came dangerously close to arcing against the energized line?

Who here owns a wrecker or crane truck and by its very nature could potentially reach its boom up into electrified overhead territory?

Who here uses electrical power in their homes, shops, workplaces and outdoors either from the power grid or from their own generation capabilities?

How few of the SS Membership is actually a qualified/tested/certified/licensed/professional electrician/lineman/powerplant operator/electrical engineer and can REALLY say they KNOW what they are doing around electricity and DO employ ALL POSSIBLE SAFETY PRECAUTIONS all the time?

I could go on and on, but suffice it to say......

If you mess with power in ANY inappropriate manner, expect to get burned.... possibly to a CRISP as these two characters did.

I trust the Mod Team has a broader view of this thread's applicability than has been questioned above. Sometimes, folks won't pay attention unless a really graphic image burns the message into their memory.

Carry on.

PS: I work for a funeral home. I have been called upon (in my employment and in my chaplain's capacity) to conduct funeral services for several people who died unexpected, premature, accidental deaths that were the result of their actions/mistakes. It's devastating not only for the survivors but also for the first responders, the medical/hospital staff members, the clergy, and even the deathcare professionals who must deal with the inevitable fallout from.... I'll be blunt... THE VICTIM'S STUPIDITY ! ! !
Please, PLEASE don't let anything like this happen to any of YOU.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks