• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lowes paint match

cbvet

Wanted to do a quick paint job on the wood sides I made for the generator trailer.
Took my Aervoe 987A sample to Lowes. Their computer color match was absolutely perfect!
Put about a quarter-sized dab of paint right on the sample. Looked like it was going to be too light. 30 Seconds with the hair dryer & you couldn't tell where it was.
I may try some on the trailer metal next.
Impressed the snot out of me!
Eric
CBVET

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Could you post the paint mix info so we can just go to Lowes and ask for the same mix without bringing in a sample to match. Please. TIA

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
nopics

Sorry Eric, I just couldn't help myself

cbvet

If I'm able to get out of bed in the morning, I'll get some pictures.
I found out yesterday that my once cat-like reflexes have slowed to old dog reflexes. When God kicked the ladder out from under me (which I probably deserved) I DIDN'T land on my feet.
Should I include pictures of my feet?
Eric
CBVET

cbvet

Lowes paint

Yes, I can still see my feet! But I'm not attaching a picture of them. Pervert!
Anyway, here are a scan of the paint sample from Aervoe, with a quarter-sized bit of paint from Lowes on it.
Also, here's the mix info.
Eric
CBVET

Attachments

jeli

RE: Lowes paint

Perfect...Lowe's is 300 yds from my house. How are you going to apply it? I was thinking airless sprayer for the big sections.

cbvet

RE: Lowes paint

Just used a brush on the sideboards made of scrap lumber. Will need a second coat.
When I do the rest of the trailer, probably this winter, I'll use an airless sprayer.
I think it will do a pretty good job & a buddy has one I can borrow.
Eric
CBVET

Jetnoise400

I did the same thing with my troop seats when I replaced all the wood. I painted the metal uprights with Aervoe and did the ol' color match at Home Depot. I thought the match was as close to perfect as it could get.

I applied a primer to the wood, and used a small roller to put the paint on. Here's how it came out:

Attachments

ajg6989

I took the backing plate for the bridge plate in to lowes for paint match. I had painted it with aervoes 997B spray can. They matched it. I tryed it today. I opened the can and it looked grey brown but after appling it with a paint brush it matched the spray paint almost perfect.

spicergear

So the thread is "Lowes Paint Match," and on the bottom of the paint code slip is written Home Depot? :) I'm just picking...I'll prolly do that this time instead of 9 Krylon OD rattlecans.

cbvet

Congratulations Spicergear! You noticed that I said Lowes, but the card is obviously from Home Depot.
Okay, it's like this. I went to Lowes first, but their color-matching computer wasn't working. So I went to Home Depot next. The paint actually came from them. I was in a hurry to get the information into SS because "someone" was bitching about the lack of pictures. In my haste, I said the paint came from Lowes.
I'm blaming Clinto.
Eric
CBVET

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks