• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Seats...spring seats...air seats...

Warren Lovell

Hello all.

Where is a good place to get an extra spring ride seat?

Has anyone mounted two spring seats in the front to replace the uncomfortable bench?

And has anyone put in air ride seats?

Thanks,

Warren Lovell

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Warren, I installed a second spring seat in a previously owned M35A2. It was pretty straight forward and I think 3 of the 4 bolts lined up with existing holes. Need the floating seat belts with it too. My problem was the lack of the center seat position. I never thought I had 3 in the cab until I couldn't. It does make a difference for your passenger though. Don't know where to get one over there on the left coast.

spicergear

A buddy of mine just got a deuce and it has the air ride seat. Maybe I'm nuts here, but I don't like it. Just felt like I kept moving and bouncing and didn't make my foot feel comfortable on the gas pedal. I'm weird though.

MVtrucker

Warren,
Several trucks that I got in via DRMO and GL had a spring seat in place of the passenger bench seat. I also had a 5-ton multifuel dump truck that I purchased at a state sale. It was fully DOT setup and had two Bostrom air ride truck seats in it.

yeager1

Has anyone tried turning two spring seats (or just 2 spring) into 1 passengers spring bench? Might me a little stiff with one one person on it.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yanno, if you guys are going to drive the poop out of your trucks like I do, updating to a quality air seat might be a good upgrade. You could always remove the cheesey covering that they come with and recover in canvas. This goes especially for you guys who mod the trucks.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I suggest that you try to find a seat out of a residue HEMTT. They are very comfortable. If you want, I can try to find one for you. I might even have one considering I have several residue HEMTTs down in FL.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey, Tommy has numerous HEMTT cabs too. Good call Bruce! Maybe I'll start my search now. Do you think I could adapt these to a modified spring seat base? For what its worth, I sat on a seat from the M1 Abrams tank. Now thats a comfy seat!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks