• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newest Addition.... Marydel Fire Dept M-715

Timberwolf

Well i sold the deuce....
the only OD green thing i had left was a 70 CJ-5

it wasnt military. but. it was still green.

i had it for sale on a local 4x4 board, and the guy asked me if i would trade for a non running M-715.

well ive always wanted one of these too... so i said sureee, why not.
so i loaded up the CJ last night, and went and dropped it off this morning and towed the 715 home.

well down to the important part.... the pictures.

-A.J.

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Good looking truck! Get rid of that rear bumper/hang down thing, the plow mount, drop in a 350/465 combo and have fun! If I can answer any questions, let me know.

Timberwolf

bumper is gone for sure.
it already has a non running SBC 400 and th400

thinking, get the 400 running, then swap in a set of rockwells i have and get some 1400's

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The -715 series is a good truck, with the original engine/tranny combo, or modified. You'll be happy with that truck!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
You should post up over at 715zone.com too. Those guys would love to see it. Also, Jon(the guy who runs the site) is compiling a list of the serial numbers. Please let him know what you got, or post it here and I can notify him.

Timberwolf

anyway to get a title for this thing ? its either never had one, or gotten lost several owners ago.

also with rockwells and SOA, whats the biggest tire that will fit ? anyone know ?

NEIOWA

Re: RE: Newest Addition.... Marydel Fire Dept M-715

Timberwolf said:
anyway to get a title for this thing ? its either never had one, or gotten lost several owners ago.

also with rockwells and SOA, whats the biggest tire that will fit ? anyone know ?
Well, in all likelyhood, if you got it from a fire dept they DIDN"T OWN IT. Most (like 90%) of the military equipment in fire dept are on loan from Uncle Sam thru FEPP (Federal Excess Property Program). DOD transfer to US Forestry who loans to a state forester who loans it to a fire dept. LOAN being the operative verb. State Foresters are supposed to inspect all FEPP equipment from time to time and ensure that their property ID sticker (serial number) is still in place. The FD did not and does not get or have ANY title and may NOT sell, transfer or dispose of the piece of equipment. Can modify to suit their needs. When the FD is done with the equipment it goes back to the state forester for reissue or for GSA auction. THEN you and any other interested party can bid on it.

Any idea how the feds might look at a transfer of one of their trucks???? Not favorably. Tommorow I'd be getting ahold of that FD (like some intelligent old timer/chief) and determine when and how they got the truck. There is an outside/remote chance they purchased thru their state surplus property office in which case they paid out cash (market value at the time +/-) and received a title. Same system has been in place for at least 50years.

I've rebuilt my local FD using FEPP. Great program. www.stanleyiowa.com

Timberwolf

RE: Re: RE: Newest Addition.... Marydel Fire Dept M-715

I didnt buy it from the fire dept.
its been several years at a minimum since it left their place. and several owners since.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks