• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M215 it is ALIVE

M215

After sitting in a corner of the barn all winter, it got to see some sun today! I finally mounted up enough wheels and tires to allow this thing to move again, took some pictures to share with all. Three long slow years of progress and a lot more to do, but I plan to have this proget completed this summer. During the winter I was able to rebuild the carb, air compressor, steering box, fab new stone shields for the front bumper and install a new transmission with REB shift kit from Memphis Equip. ($ ouch). Sand blasted 6 rims and mounted up new tires, 5 more to go. Previous accomplishments have been complete new brake system, sheet metal work on the cab, some new steel on the dump bed, rebuild the front wench, rebuild the motor , rebuild the drive train and started stripping and painting.
So far the most difficult parts to find was an original fuel tank (taller and not as long as the M211 tank) and an original tail gate. Todays project was to replace the control valve on the dump bed pump, and to wash the dust off.
This is a great forum, glad to be a part of it all.
Karl

lacoda56

M215,

Welcome aboard! Looks like you're on the downhill side of a very big project. Very impressive work, hope to see more pictures when it's done. That's one lucky truck.

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks