• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NEWBIE IN OKLAHOMA

fasthuhpat

Hello everyone, I am patietly waiting for my EUC to be approved. I won a M35 truck from ft. riley. It had a condition rating of F7 so i am hoping its a good one. I got it for $1600.00 and the contract number said it was from 1985? I guess it was rebuilt then. It looks to be complete, has goodyear off road tires on it, no winch. does have hardtop. I am pumpted to say the least. I guess i have to sell my 1952 plymouth, i am running out of room!! I found a shipper on Uship, will haul it for me for $600.00 . Have any of you used Uship? Looks like a good place to get the best price. I called freight quote.com and they wanted $1700.00!!!! wholy cow! Its only 215 mile's (oneway) I figure if they flake out on me i'll just drive it home. I'll post pictures of it soon, they are on adifferent computer.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats and welcome aboard. Won't be too long after you get this one home you will be shopping for another. You can't help it, it' just inevitable.

M1075

Welcome to Steel Soldiers and congrats on the new purchase. Post those pics when you can. I have used Uship several times, but never for hauling a military vehicle. You might be able to drive it or tow it home, but shipping will eliminate a lot of the potential headaches. Once in your shop, you can go through it and get it ready for service. If I had the time, I would offer to go with you to get it, but I'm just too busy right now. Good luck, keep us posted.

citizensoldier

Welcome and congrats. I have seen some real nice truck sell in Kansas.. Yes, yes, please post pictures if you can. You have now been taken to the OD side.. Better sell that car and maybe buy some land because there will be more coming.. :p

Mike_Pop

215 miles? That's nothing! I say drive it home. What's the worst that can happen, you get stuck in Kansas or Oklahoma? I'm sure there is some farmer who has a few deuces lying around that can give you parts!

Kenny is right...you'll want more green vehicles. I bought my Unimog in 2002, not really looking for a military version. Now I have 9 military trailers, and 5 military vehicles. It's an addiction that can't be kicked. No twelve step program, no cold turkey, just more green!

GO GREEN!

Mike Pop

KaiserM109

Last month I drove my first MV from Ft. Riley to Denver, CO, 480 mi. I couldn't get anyone to drive chase car, so I towed my '69 Bronco back. See http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index....pic&t=13923&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=20

It would be irresponsible of me to say that it was easy. My truck turned out to be in good shape and I had few significant problems. Be really picky when you inspect the brakes; mine worked OK in the yard, then failed completely in Manhatan, then started working great. I believe crud inside or something came loose and I plan to tear down the master and all wheel cylinders before I really use the truck. Make about 20 hard stops before you leave post. There are some open roads on Ft. Riley just south of the yard where you can mess around.

Welcome, and good luck if you decide to drive it. Wear hearing protection!!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Some pictures of my new deuce

Looks nice! City rubber all the way around. Looks like a convoy light switch under the dash. The red data plates tell me it might be an older truck. Might even be a war vet with that 686A tan on the underside.

KaiserM109

That's a good, LOW mileage truck. With a good inspection, I wouldn't be afraid to drive it 215 miles. At this time at Ft. Riley, if they didn't photograph it, like the engine, that means that they didn't see anything suspicious. I met them and those folks really try hard to present the vehicles accurately.

You should be ready to jump start it. I took 2 van/truck batteries and 2 sets of jumper cables with me, but mine cranked on its own power. I did have loose battery cables that I didn't catch before they gave me trouble, though. According to people on this site, it will start from regular batteries, but I would make sure that you have GOOD jumper cables.

If you go there, say "Hi" to Marian, the lady who takes the pictures, from the crazy guy towing the Bronco and tell her I had a good trip home.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
If I read your SN correct, it is 52512809. If that is it the vehicle was originally manufactured in 1970 and was last owned by HHC, 1 BN 293 Infantry, Indiana Army National Guard out of Ft Wayne. The registration number should be 4H65770 just in case it got painted over.

Looks like a very nice deuce!! SHHHHWEEEET!

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
fasthuhpat!!!!!!!!!!

Make sure you have a plan to get the vehicle off post. It is unlikely DRMO/military installation will allow you to drive it off the lot even with a state issued one trip permit. Once you get it off post, you can use the trip permit to get it home if you don't have tags. Probably need a permit from each state you go through.

Bottom line is check with DRMO, military police, and the police for each state before be-bopping into DRMO expecting to hop in and go.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks