• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel pump

shell shock

Hi guys; Does anyone no what the rubber gromit is for on the bottom of the fuel pump housing? Mine is farely rotted away. It doesn't look like it has much of a purpose. If not i'll just plug the hole. Thanks

deuceman51

That grummet can be ordered from memphis equipment, that is where I got mine from. The reason they have that is to plug that hole in the tank, so gas does not come in through that hole and bypass the filter elements on the sides of the fuel pump hanger. Then when you remove the hanger, there is a stud in the tank that is supposed to keep that little rubber grummet in place and it opens the hole up so gas can drain out when you lift the hanger out. I replaced mine very cheaply and I think they are a good idea for keeping your fuel clean and from damaging the pump or engine with dirty fuel particles.

Tony

Hi deuceman,

thanks for that input, I was wondering what that rubber plug was for when I replaced my fuelpump..I also bought a rebuilding kit for the old pump, armature was shot and there was a lot of particles in the pump, its completed rebuilt now so I have a spare, one problem, don't know how to bench test it..Any ideas?

Tony

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks