• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Electric Fuel Pump - Do I need one?

carmen

Hig Gang
I just put on a NAPA spin fuel filter on my stock M37. It seems to be doing the job it was designed for. However, it seems to me that I am not getting enought fuel up to the carb. The fuel pump that I have the truck is less that 3 years old and I have never had any problem with it before.

Do I have to put in an electric fuel pump also?

Carmen

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You may lose a couple of psi of pressure across the new filter....
My son replaced the mechanical fuel pump with an electric one in his M37 after the pump leaked gas into the crankcase, so it can certainly be done.

Jones

Most pumps, especially the electrics, like to push better than pull. An electric, mounted close to the tank is my recommendation.
I was sold on them the first time I ran out of gas and didn't end up running the battery down trying to get fuel up to the carb; just turned on the power and when the electric pump's rate slowed down it fired it right off and I was on my way again.

CGarbee

If you do go with an electric pump (I'd check first to see if that new filter was clogged...) make sure that you get a low pressure model or instal a regulator. It's real easy to get too much pump and then flood out the carb... I think that you are looking for 4-5psi, but I will verify.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks