• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LED Safety Lights

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, I buy from them all the time and have for about 20 years now. :)

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I buy and have (2 sets now) of the PowerFlare. They are out of california.

I used them on an accident a few weeks ago and noticed a HUGE difference in the traffic moving over after I put out the flares. And the vehicle involved in the accident (victim) was a Street Sweeper Chase truck with an 8' wide flashing yellow arrow on it!

The ones I have are non-rechargeable with alternating red and amber LEDs. The "rotater" setting does very well in directing traffic, just make sure it's going the right way when you set them out.

I've bought a second set to go in the M880, and I have one for a gift to a Police friend of mine.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
That's a great price on them and have 3 on the way and total with shipping was just under $29.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They have so much stuff plus they have a store front I can drive to on my way home from work (long way).

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok, I have mine and here is my first review.

They are a soft plastic similar to rubber. They have a small magnet that would not work for putting on a truck or trailer and towing anywhere is it will fall off (more on that later).

The hook on the back comes out perpendicular to the back, that means you have to hook on a vertical post, not hang it from a wire or line.

Seems well built and one of mine had bad batteries in it that I can assume is from someone playing with it and leaving it on. The other three were good.

Here are the pics and you can get an idea from the card how big they are.

They have 6 modes:

20150621_115808.jpg20150621_115816.jpg20150621_115835.jpg

All off
3 LEDs in the center on
12 LEDs on edge on and off like a car on a track in a circular motion
12 LEDs on edge on and off like a car on a track in a circular motion but strobing (my personal favorite)
12 LEDs on edge on and off together
12 LEDs on edge all on

3 AAA batteries

Now to the downside, they are not mower proof. I had 4 lights in the morning and by 2 in the afternoon I had two left. I had put all four on the roll bar of the big mower to take them to the barn and promptly forgot they were on there. The first brush I hit knocked all four off and I hit 2 of them with the blades. I only found enough pieces to make 1.5 of the destroyed pair. Who knows where the rest went but bright neon orange against green should have made it easy to see. No, not my blind spot either as I found a nice fat dark green striped Garter Snake laying in the grass.

End result
20150621_152241.jpg

I like them and will probably order replacements.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I returned home from my mountain home to find a box of them at the house. My observation of the magnet and hook were similar to yours, static use only. Overall, I like them. One thing I did see on the blister pack was that batteries included are for display use, alkalines should be used.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks