• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

76 ford f250 4x4 diesel swap

res0wc18

hello all ive posted this on oilburnes.net but thought id give you all a shot too.
hello everyone new user, long time diesel owner/ fanatic.
Have some questions about converting my old highboy to an all mechanical diesel. i have the np435 and divorced 205 transfer case. I was wondering if any one has done this swap or has info on what all is involved special like motor mounts and if my tranny will bolt up or not etc. I have the factory a/c system and the 360 v8 and room seems a little tight already just to add that note. The ones i was considering are the 7.3 idi v belt series enigine. I have this engine in a 90 f350 and love it. Im tired of all the quirks gas engines have and want that series of engines in there. So what do you all think? I will check this forum every other day, but if you have serious info or have done it before etc my email is res0wc18@yahoo.comIm still put back by how big my factory ac heater box is though. Whose got some pics of these in their rigs etc? Im attaching some pics of my truck to show you all that when i/ we do the swap its gotta be clean and functional
what is the maximum rpm you could drive one of these things at all day long?
what rpm have you all noticed the best mileage comes at?
im doing some calculations and it looks like with my 4.10 gears and my one to one 4th gear and 285/75r16 id be spinning right around 2788 rpms at 65 correct? would an np 435 stand up to the torque? what about the clutch someone said its hydraulic on these engines. is there any way to just use my existing transmission? Thoughts?

located in washington state

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
res0wc18, you are aware that this is a military vehicle forum, correct? Don't know how many of us will know about your swap.

res0wc18

yes, i know but you all are mechanically knowledgable and some have other rigs besides MV's. I think im going to go with a complete donor truck with an 88 f250 4x4 7.3 idi 5 spd what do you guys think

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks