• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

gator gun mount

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I thought it would be cool to make a gun mount for my gator. I found this picture of what I was imagining. Anyone done this yet? I'd love some dwgs etc.

gator with gun mount.jpg

smashcrashy

On my phone but look for surface gun mount .50 caliber

Mk16 mod 0 or similar surface mount socket would work. You might even be able to do a quick/cheap with a HMMWV pedestal mount. Jeeps had dash mounts.

Bmgparts.com is a good place to look and once you have the nomenclature down start googling as there are some smaller machine shops with cheaper mounts out there or just good places to look to get ideas.

dilligaf13

The key is making sufficient reinforcement on the gator to handle the .50 cal recoil. Even on a semi auto (civilian) .50 the recoil is significant. On full auto the recoil will rip stuff to shreds and make believers out of whoever it's shooting at...

Madmedic

Cooool Picture.

The 2nd Gator we're restoring, "originally" had a pedestal mount, set up in the bed instead of the front. Our original plan was to duplicate with a propane/dummy .50. And a dummy/propane SAW in front of the passenger on an articulated arm.

The original mount had really done some damage to the bed. Bolt holes were all torn up, and they had gone in and welded a plate on the bottom for a new set of bolts and reinforcement. After all the work of weld filling/grinding the holes, and other damage done by the pedestal in the bed, along with the other "OVERAGES" costs on restoration of second gator, we're putting any ideas of weapons mounts on hold.

Picts will be posted sometime this week on that thread.

Madmedic

I thought it would be cool to make a gun mount for my gator. I found this picture of what I was imagining. Anyone done this yet? I'd love some dwgs etc.

View attachment 566946
I could be wrong, but it looks like they did some extensive reinforcements in the back. Under the Litter frame by the passenger's leg, it looks like they added an another Support post, going through the plastic cover and mounted to the frame underneath.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks