• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Florida Yards?

Bill W

I stopped by Hawhthornes once, acres of mil trucks AND he is very proud of them $$$. If you do go there bring hip boots as Mr Hawthorne can really sling the Bull. Theres also Parramore Surplus up in the panhandle ( Mount Pleasant ), good prices

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
I have had great experiences with both matt & ODIRON

I think matt sells under the name "green gem surplus" on ebay

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bill, Hawthorne the Sr has passed so Mike is running the show now. I don't know what that did to pricing but he's the decider now. I did buy my M108 from them.

sak00

Yea, I bought a door, cargo cover and soft top from Matt (Green Gem). I thought he was reasonable and service was great. Spent a couple of hours BS ing and learned alot.

Bill W

"he got smart and bailed outta here about a year ago!"

I bailed 2 years ago after living there for 41 years!

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Went by Hawthorne's thursday (no pic's though). They have scrapped 3.5 million pounds of iron in the last 7 months. It was mostly older M211's and 135's and the like. Prices were greatly reduced from when senior was pricing. Seemed like a good selection and he was not scrapping anything rare yet. Had several wreckers, 8x8 :shock: , multiple dozers, and generators everywhere. Let me roam around for an hour or so till we had to go.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I spoke with Matt tonight. He has one really nice water buffalo fender, nice front clip for a deuce and everything to add a winch except the winch itself and the pto data plate. Anyone needs this stuff, shout at him. He also mentioned having a nice non dropside bed.

Cooltex24

RE: Re: RE: Florida Yards?

Hey guys, I am heading that way first weekend in April, if anyone wants to come along and look, probably sunday the 6th I will have time to stop on my way back from Tampa. Got to pick up a OA331 in Ocala, so if anyone will let me know where some of these things are, I would love to stop by. Thanks.
Scott

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks