• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce tools

deuceman51

Does anybody know exactly what these trucks were issued in the field for tools? I have never even seen a pic of a military jack for the deuces or any other tools that would have been issued with the trucks. I wonder what happoned to the thousands of tools that were on these trucks, since nobody seems to have them and I have never even seen a pic of any original tools for the deuce? I was reading the manual and they had a safety bar that ran through the tires when you changed them to prevent the ring from blowing off. It looks like 1" solid shaft that's bent to fit through the holes in the rim? Anyone seen or think something like that could work? I know split rims can blow off with amazing power, but these tires only take about 55psi, and all the stories I hear about they were airing up the tires way above that?

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't know about the M135 ("early deuces"), but the TM 9-2320-361-10 for the "New deuces" has a section listing and showing pictures of the Basic Issue Items (BII) including the 8-ton hydraulic jack.

Tony

Deuceman,

Don't know about the bar, but I did hear of it,,,Kevin Emdee sells the pioneer tools for our duece...Also, I was given a definition of our rims by the tire guy who removed and replaced all my tires.. We do not have split rims, split rims are in two pieces, and he showed me one. The ring on our rims is a locking ring..just a input.

Tony

butch atkins

hey guys in the ord 7 book there is about 1 1/2 pages of the onboard tools and equipment carried by these trucks with another 2 pages carried by the 215,217,220,221,222 series,incl;uding pioneer tools ,canvas bags,and the maker and size of th jack,eemail me and i will send copy

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks