• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My Humvee M1044 Armament SlantBack pics/Questions

decodeme2

In Memorial
In Memorial
Hey Guys,
Just got a Slantback M1044 Armament carrier, and looking for small parts and x doors. Need things like brush guard, rear seat backs, new seat coushions. front tie downs,winch, rear hatch rod guide brackets, etc...who is the best suppliers with the most hummer stuff? Also, where do you go for raditor hoses, brake shoes, etc?...call AM General?..
Thanks!, restoreing it to orginal specs..It was a USMC Humvee..14K miles.....
Thanks for all your help..I will post some better pics later...
PS, I have never seen any other M1044's?...Have you?...

Kevin...

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
:ditto: His name is Austin Weber, and he has PLENTY of HMMWV stuff for you. Prices are pretty good too.

Well, Haven't seen the M1044s in any quantity be released, most of what I have seen are the standard M998s or the shelter carriers. Where'd you find this gem?

Elwenil

I seem to remember questions coming up here recently about what the racks in the back were for on one of these. Perhaps it was the same one?

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
AM General isnt going to help you (or any other civlian exhumvee owner) AT ALL.. Start crusing ebay, but some guys on there have VERY HIGH prices.. Beltfed34 is a great guy on there, I get lots of goodies from him.

I also HIGHLY suggest Mike at Rank and File.. (608) 838-7602 He is VERY helpful, has decent prices, and knows his stuff.. He doesnt have a website though, so call.

I'd stay away from www.myhumvee.com, as Paul seems to be too busy to take customers phone calls or respond to emails, and Im not the only one he does that to..

I own a M998 2 seater, let me know if I can help you.. I think I have seen this particular truck before, where did it come from?

Goatwerks

Nice find, is it road legal? I have seen several ex mil Humvee's at Pismo beach, but they all had to be green sticker(off road use only) here in the peoples republic of California.

AMTAK

Try ebay first. Austin is cool. I sell under AMTAK2. I just got some heavy bumpers. Shop around for prices. Ask people on here if they are to high.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I STRONGLY reccommend adding the airdrop bumper for saftey reasons... It was the only thing that saved my humvee from LOTS more of extendsive damage when I got rear ended...

Dieselsmoke

decodeme2 said:
Hey Guys,
Just got a Slantback M1044 Armament carrier, and looking for small parts and x doors.
PS, I have never seen any other M1044's?...Have you?...

Kevin...
Why do you want X doors? The 1044 had the supplemental armor doors.
Never seen another 1044, but I have a 1043, same thing no winch.

wjruth

Re: RE: My Humvee M1044 Armament SlantBack pics/Questions

Elwenil said:
I seem to remember questions coming up here recently about what the racks in the back were for on one of these. Perhaps it was the same one?
As an MP our humvees were set up this way as well. From what I remember the 50 cal goes on one side and ammo boxes on the other.

Jimmy

Very cool project, good luck. I have bought from Austin Weber and Rank & File, both very good to deal with. I don't know which brush guard you are looking for but I have a couple of old style ones in great condition.

decodeme2

In Memorial
In Memorial
Hey guys,
Thanks for all the info. I changed my order to the armored doors to make it correct. you are right. The hummvw was a armored up carring a Mark19 Guarnade Launcher and a 50 cal. The brackets are for 50 cal amo, and Mark 19 Amo 20mm...The black brackets hold the 50 cal and the Mark19..Another bracket between the driver and Passanger holds the adapter plate to mount the Mark 19..The Hummvw was set up to carry heavy items. It will defently be different when completed. I guess I need the old style Brush guard. Send me your phone number for any items that you may have. The items I need are:

1- Set of seat cousions, Front and back.
2- hardback hatch latches, located on the rear of the hatch at each end. Rod activateds them.
1-Steel Pintal hitch bracket for the tow chains to attach.
1- Old style grill. Not sure which myne had. The new style looks good too..
1-set of outside mirrors complete.
2 front tow rings with brackets.
6 side marker screws.
1 yellow side marker lens and bracket.
1 Red side marker lens and bracket.
2 hub centers for getting your hummer of the mud.
1-Antenna mounting bracket, 3 hole type
2 door hinges that mount to body, 2 bolt that your doors drop into.
4 door strikers that mount to your body that hold the door shut.
1 blackout driving light on front.
winch? I think it a 6K one. Electric..
6-1251 bulbs..
1-starter bolt.

That should about do it..
Thanks in advance! I will keep you guys posted as it completes.
Please email me at: decodeme@comcast.net
if you have anything I need...Thanks!. I ordered the manual in a cd.
Dam this is a good Form for help and info!.
PS. What do you think this is worth as a driver when done?

Kevin...

Bart

Sorry for the late reply since I was in Ghana Africa for a 2 week business trip...
I purchased a M 1046 from Blair Outlan located in Memphis TN see: www.usedH1.com for more details.
(blairs email: sales@autogalleria.net and his mobile tel nr. 901 378 8877)
he has over 15 years of experience with H 1' s and Humvees, incl. parts and more.
he works with Harold Wisdom of Eagle Industries, located in Florence Alabama -> harolds email is: eagleindustries@comcast.net / tel nr. 256 764 4849
would LOVE to see some pics of your slantback when it's ready.
will email you mine, although still not finished...!!
C U
bart (barthummer@gmail.com)

TedG

Nice project! Parts are available just start asking!

To all of you new hmmwv owners: obtain the manuals! the pdf ones on ebay are a good start! They explain all most everything and locations of different items...not to mention service intervals, etc.

Regards,

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks