• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

11.00x20 dual wheel question

big mike

can i run the 11.00x20s in the back in a dual wheel configuration like my 9.00x20s, or does it have to be singled out to keep the tires from rubbing the frame. i noticed my new tires are a little wider than the 9.00x20s

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, you're going to hear several stories on this one. I've seen a deuce with 11;00x20 duals on it and they worked just fine. Others say they don't. The biggest concern is the gap or lack thereof between the tires on the bottom. If you won't be loading your truck very much probably won't be a factor. Gotta dig through my photo archives, think I have a pic of one.

Dieselsmoke

I agree with Recovry4x4, you will get mixed opinions. I personally know fo two trucks running 11.00s with no problems.

Attachments

Desert Rat

BM;
I'm planning on cheating once my tires wear out. I'm going with 10X20 intermodal tires because they're cheap to buy. I'll pick up a little speed but loose a little torque. In the long run (pun intended) I'll be better off.

big mike

i do occasionally haul some heavy stuff like firewood or a truck. if i have rubbing issues, i might torch up some old rims i got outback and make a spacer for each corner in the back if i got enough wheel stud to do it safely. it would gimme atleast 1/4" more room, if not more. what do you guys think about this idea?

Monster Man

Originally posted by big mike

i do occasionally haul some heavy stuff like firewood or a truck. if i have rubbing issues, i might torch up some old rims i got outback and make a spacer for each corner in the back if i got enough wheel stud to do it safely. it would gimme atleast 1/4" more room, if not more. what do you guys think about this idea?
that should work- I can't find the page now, but I saw one where a guy had 11x20 duals with no clearance problems. It all comes down to brand, apparently they can vary widely. Just make sure there is at least one inch clearance between the tires

Attachments

emr

If one says it will not work that is just an opinoin,and not one based on experience.Because YES it does work, the Military has been doing it for years now.And I have for a few also, there is Plenty of room between the deuls.It has actually surprised me how many people think it wont, it has been working like I said for quit a few years now in service . The width of the tires is not that great to start, then it is actually only half of that number that is actually a used...Do it , it looks cool and is way better , surprised the Mil did not do it along long time ago...to bad they wised up right when they started to get ride of these awesome trucks...

jatonka

You can run as high a speed as your truck will go, no troubles cause they do not rub eachother at all. I drove 7000 miles from NY to the Pacific Ocean and all over the place to get back home with Goodyear 11.00x20 military radials, which bulge more than NDT bias ply tires and never had a bit of trouble and I was loaded (so was the truck) all the way out and back. NO TIRE RUB AGAINST EACHOTHER OR AGAINST THE SPRING HANGER TRUNNION CAP. It can't be any simpler than that. JT out

Wolf.Dose

If you do not go off road it might work. Off road you get problems with the rear axle clearence to the bed. This is why the M34 has a different bed with the wheel house cut out.
Wolf

Barrman

They work fine. They don't rub and they make the truck look a lot better in my opinion. They "could" rub the bed if you back up to a sharp incline. Or drop off a cliff too I guess. I have had no issues Here is my Gasser with 11.00-20 tires all around.

Attachments

TBigLug

So, is the general consensus, no spacers needed? If spacers are needed, what would they be made from? (Don't have one to look at to even say what the original spacers are made out of.)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks