• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Star stencil

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All this talk about stenciling got me motivated to add the star on the 757.
The location and size follows the original, which was a decal on the same spot.
The remains of the decal gave me the points of the star for an easy to complete home made stencil.
The residue in image #2 is from the rubber cement used to hold the stencil. It comes off in time.
Funny, the black overspray (over "ARMY") is so much more visible in the picture than it is in real life...gotto fix that...

Added a "before" picture.

Attachments

Armada

Looks good Bjorn! Is black the color that was used for lettering and stars when the truck was new? I thought everything from that era was stenciled in lusterless white. Maybe both were?
Were you able to find more of the original markings in other locations?

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It was white, then changed to black in the early 1970's. I'm going with the subdued colors and I have found all markings except possibly the complete vehicle number on the driver's side front bumper.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks