• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is this?!?!

neil2007

Can someone tell me what this device is? It looks awfully new to be a factory item! :roll:

Thanks !

Neil

( I should probably say that this is on a 1953 530B Fire Truck, and is located under the dash on the passengerside.)

Attachments

neil2007

zak said:
maybe a voltage reducer or because its next to the low air buzzer a quiet version?
I would lean towards the voltage reducer because it's not connected to the air supply at all. Just 4 wires going to the unit. The truck is currently not running so I can't say for sure if the buzzer works... Although... when the ignition is on I do not hear a buzzer... So I guess I can say for sure that the buzzer doesn't work... :lol:

The only thing is, I do not know of any items that use a lower voltage on this truck. No radios or extra lights.

Any other thoughts?

Neil

BEASTMASTER

it looks like a flasher unit to me , the old three prong ones. or it could be one of those alternating flashers,wig wags. being on a fire truck that is probably one or the other :driver:

steelandcanvas

BEASTMASTER said:
it looks like a flasher unit to me , the old three prong ones. or it could be one of those alternating flashers,wig wags. being on a fire truck that is probably one or the other :driver:
I agree, that's my take on it also...flasher unit.

acetomatoco

Certainly the wiring is not to code...!! Can't ya just follow the wires to their terminus and decide that the apparatus they were hooked to is not there anymore...??? Better than finding dead mice under the dash, but not much.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
it is a voltage drop, old time unit, i have used this type a few times on old cats, going from 24 to 12, we also used those to run 6 volt stuff on 12 volt systems

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks