• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Strange bed mounts on M37

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just stopped by ShieldWolf's place, looking at his M37 truck. He asked me what these mounts were for. They are located on the back side of the front of the bed, behind the spare tire mount on the passenger's side. I looked at his other M37 and they weren't there. They don't look like for any antenna or radio mount, or seat for that matter.

Any ideas?

Attachments

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Swing Up seat mount.

There is a small wooden seat section the swings up to fill in the space when the tire is not mounted. I believe, mine has them as well and a part of the seat was still attached.
James G.

acetomatoco

RE: Swing Up seat mount.

Just part of the seat system for the troops in the back...as stated above.. I believe the B1 model did not have them as the spare was mounted on the door frame Left front.

CGarbee

RE: Swing Up seat mount.

Ace is right again... Go to my website if you want to see photos of the complete jump seat setup... Early model M37's had the jump seat, B1 models did not. Dimensions for the troop seat wood given on my website reflect this.

The pieces pictured are part of the hinge assembly for the jump seat. The other side of the seat rests on the remainder of the troop seat (shortend so that the spare can fit).

A lot of the early trucks got modified later on and have the spare mounted over the driver door, but still have the jump seat (such as my Cummins powered truck), other folks have swapped beds around between early and late trucks, so it can get confusing.

Shieldwolf37

Tnx Maddawg and all.
I love to find out more things about these trucks. Mine are both early models a 51 and a 53.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks