• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any info on Kalamazoo K45/K60 series vehicle being used by U.S. Military?

13bravo

Ok was at a car show with the M274A4 Mule and someone came up to me and asked if I might be interested in what he called a Kalamazoo vehicle that he got from an Air Force base.
I did a bunch of searching but basically found no matches until I searched for Kalamazoo Manufacturing Company, then I found this http://www.kalamazoomanufacturingco.net/trucks4.htm

I can see where the vehicle could be used for military support as depending on which vehicle specified can carry either 4,000lb or 6,000lb loads, and the one I actually like the good old reliable Chrysler 225 Slant 6 engine.

Does anyone have actual pictures or info on if it was actually used by the military?

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
From Wikipedia- Meanwhile, the company continued to build Speed Truck products. The model K45 was the largest platform truck in their 1960s catalogs with a 3,000-pound payload.

Thats all It says. I was kindof hoping it was actually a railroad cart, as Kalamazoo built those first and for many years.

13bravo

Turned out to be just like the above vehicle, probably one of the ones toward the end of Kalamazoo manufacturing companies life. It has the Ford 2.3L OHC engine in it with a carb. and distributorless Ignition. It was in decent shape but just not my cup of tea.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks