• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Unusual electrical parts request

Sarge

So, this is a weird parts request. I’m looking for M-series headlight parts. All I need are the 3 wires on the back of the sealed beam headlights. They are about 8 inches long and are marked with metal clamps, 17, 18 and 91. I do not need the actual glass part of the headlight. I know that all of the usual suppliers sell the entire headlight for $12 up to $30 each. It’s pretty dumb for me to pay that much, just to cut the wires off.
Here is my request; anyone out there have a few bad headlights that they would be willing to cut the wires off and mail to me? I need about 10 of each numbered wire. If you have a few busted headlights, I don’t need the glass part, but if you could cut the wires off as close to the glass as possible, that would be great.
Why am I doing this? I’m converting a bunch of lights to halogen H4’s.
What am I willing to pay for busted headlights? Is a buck a headlight fair? You tell me.
Thanks!
-Sarge

mangus580

Someone/somewhere.... has the little pigtails that convert the packards to a standard 3 prong headlamp bulb. Would these be more effective for your project?

TacticalTruck

Maybe you've already got a pile of 24 volt H4s but there's a guy selling them with the mil connectors. I just can't find the link at the moment, anyone? I'll look to see what I've got. I always clip them off old bulbs before I pitch them.
Jeff

Bill W

Brian Asbury use to sell the adaptor that plugged into standard 3 prong (civie) headlight and had 3 wire douglas connector on the ends ( easy enough to change to packard ). I had a set for years but like my mind I missplaced them

acetomatoco

you can buy the pigtails for civvy lights in blister packs at your friendly auto parts store and put the bullet connectors with either Douglas or Packard connectors on quite easily

comdiver

I'm doing the same thing. I bought a pair of lights off ebay and went to install them and found the locating tabs in the back were in the wrong place. You may want to go with name brand ones.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks