• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1030B1 KLR650 Summer project completed

readyman

This 'basket case' M1030B1 parts project was delivered without a 'basket'. But the most important things were there, blackout lights and switch. Went thru everything - AOK, everything else was Ebay KLR650 used replacement parts.
Runs great and has less than 1000 miles. Great summer project completed just in time for... winter :(

Attachments

Bradyrw625

That's a great job! I saw one on eBay a few months back. I wish I had bought it. I was going to restore it desert color. I rode one in 1998 in Okinawa on a off-road course and had a awesome time.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
There is an after market lowering link kit for them. One of the bikes that came out of the Corps had the front forks sticking 3" out of the triple tree to lower the ride and one of the surplus seat I got had all but a 1/2 inch of foam shaved off it. I suffer from a short inseam also and was thinking of going the wehring route and having the front wheel re spoked to rear wheel size.
m1030b1.jpg

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice restoration. Your second picture kinda makes it look like it has a heck of a fording exhaust! :)

Cheers

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks