• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Iola 2016 convoy thread

nchittendon

Good day gents!

Well, it seems last year's convoy fell through in an epic way. I ended up not even taking my truck. However, once there, we had an amazing time.

This year will be better. Current plans are as follows; I will have my deuce and m105. Another local will have his deuce and camper rig. Another local will have his m977 HEMTT. And the "hopefully" for this year will be another local with his M715.

We will be departing La Crosse, WI probably that Thursday morning (will update with actual dates once I dig in a little more). We are willing to meet folks in Tomah, or on I35 along the way. Post up your thoughts and we'll see if we can make it work!

nchittendon

March is already upon us. Sat tonight with most of the La Crosse, WI crew and we discussed Iola.

These three plan to make the trip for sure:
12794457_10156749848840657_5817396107371703621_n.jpg

I'll be dragging my M105 that i've converted into a camper. The other deuce owner pictured will also be bringing his bus for camping. We will have a pickup truck pulling a camper as well.

We've decided that we don't really want to run interstate the whole way, so here are the options we've come up with at least for us.....
iola1.jpg The first one is 134 miles (three hours in a car). Most of it is 2 lane highway though, so 55mph limits.

iola2.jpg The second route is 151 miles again, all 2 lane highway.

nchittendon

Well then we'll just have to see you there! When do you plan on returning? We will be packing up sunday morning and heading back. Probably grab lunch on the way out of the area and let 'er rip.

nchittendon

May update. The M715 will not be ready to go this year. Still lots of work to do to her.

However, we have my deuce and m105. The m977 hemtt. And another deuce followed by his bus.

The plan currently is to leave Thursday the 11th around 10am or so. With frequent stops I imagine we are looking at a 4 hour trip averaging around 50 mph.

Does anyone have a grounds map with site numbers? I don't remember what site we were in last year but if I saw a map I could figure it out no problem.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks