• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Uploading pics problem

Jeepsinker

I can't upload any more pics to the site. Awful hard to list things for sale when I can't post pics. I have no way at all to delete old pics from my cache. Some help would be appreciated.

NovacaineFix

I am having the same issue here on my end.

replied to a post and tried to upload 4 pics, the counter stated that it was uploading but never seemed to register on the thread.
I was able to finally upload 1 pic at a time (instead of the 10 the uploader says it will allow).

Until the issue is resolved, try 1 pic at a time to see of that helps, it did for me. A pain in the butt, but do able.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I am having the same issue here on my end.

replied to a post and tried to upload 4 pics, the counter stated that it was uploading but never seemed to register on the thread.
I was able to finally upload 1 pic at a time (instead of the 10 the uploader says it will allow).

Until the issue is resolved, try 1 pic at a time to see of that helps, it did for me. A pain in the butt, but do able.
I ran into this the other night. It would only let me do one at a time. Any more than that and it would show it was uploading them, get to 100% and then the upload window would close and there would be no images on the screen.

Uploaded 5 or 6 pics this morning without issue.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
No issues here. Although those 5 large files took a long while to upload. (I have slow DSL at home) One thing for you guys to consider/try is to resize the images before you upload them. A camera phone now saves images in the megabyte or so range per image. Resizing it down (Actually once you upload a fullsize image to the server, it resizes it smaller) to say something 1024 in size shrinks it down to around 100K or so at most. When you're uploading the raw images to the server, you're basically using a lot of bandwidth/time to have it shrunk down. Smaller files will take less time to upload. I personally use power tools on my windows machine. (It's a free download) You can right click and resize an image easy with it.

https://imageresizer.codeplex.com/

You can even resize multiple files at the same time.

Jeepsinker

I was uploading pics fine, and then it just stopped working. The little loading thing goes round and round for a while, then it goes away and doesn't upload the file.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I had this same issue, SIR PATRACY with great patience despite the NON KGR help me figure out how to do what I wanted to do in the first place, this is why the "Code name BART" thread is up, I believe it has something to do with the total number of pictures that can be stored, being the pictures are part of a thread (past or present), they can not be deleted, so I guess the only way to delete the pictures is to delete the post they are in but is seems the only way to delete the post is to delete the thread which we really do not want to do.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I had this same issue, SIR PATRACY with great patience despite the NON KGR help me figure out how to do what I wanted to do in the first place, this is why the "Code name BART" thread is up, I believe it has something to do with the total number of pictures that can be stored, being the pictures are part of a thread (past or present), they can not be deleted, so I guess the only way to delete the pictures is to delete the post they are in but is seems the only way to delete the post is to delete the thread which we really do not want to do.
No Ron, NO. There is NO limit to uploads. There is NO reason to delete threads. I went through this.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks