• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Std. Mil Engine powered pumps

m139h2otruck

Other than the little single cylinder powered pumps for fuel (one on E-bay now) were there any other 2 or 4 cylinder powered water pumps made? Would really like to have a 3" or 4" 4 cylinder powered unit if they exist. Thanks

Bill W

I had a portable Navy 3" pump, its powerplant was a 40hp evenrude 2cyl,2stroke. It was water cooled using the cyntrifical pump as its source ( hopefully it primed quick). Later versions of this pump had neumatic (sp) starters that took those little Co2 cartridges to turn the motor. I'm told these things were a disaster from the start but when they worked as advertised they did 300+gpm. I bought mine for $40 and later sold it the the guy next door for $50 he got it running and still uses it today.

m139h2otruck

Saw one of these outboard driven pumps on GL or E-bay one time. Looked like a problem!! Still looking for a 2 or 4 cylinder driven unit, if they even built them. Thanks

m139h2otruck

Bill, missed the bid as I don't have a computer at home and the bid ended on Sunday. When cheap @ $202 something each.

Still looking for info if there was any pump powered by the 4a032 engine. Since the bolt pattern is an SAE standard #5, I think I can make/assemble one if I can find a pump with the correct bellhousing.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks