• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce cargo bed

MVtrucker

You're welcome, mcbaine. I know the weight because I hauled a rusted out junker bed over to the scrap yard where it was weighed. Price of steel was down, so 1300 Lb. X $1.00/100 Lb. got me a whopping $13.00.

Mcbaine

A whole $13.00 It cost you more in gas to get it to the scrap yard. They should have made these things out of wood, at least then you could just burn em' if need be.

MVtrucker

So true, mcbaine! In a sense, it was worth the trip. The yard has a giant conveyor belt that can handle a buss. Belt takes vehicles to the top and drops them in a chute. Itty bitty pieces come out at the bottom. A magnetic crane picks up the pieces and loads onto a waiting truck. Then off to China...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks