• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton Bed fit on a Deuce?

JohnnyReb

:confused: Hey guys, I am a new member and appreciate the chance to seek your expert advice.......

Want to swap my bed for a dropside; have found a dropside from a 5 tonner. Will it fit? Any mods required?

Thanks

MVtrucker

It'll sit on the chassis just fine, but you'll have to modify the connection points. I've installed at least six that were going to be converted to dumpers, so I didn't do anything with the mouting brackets. I didn't get involved in the wiring, you might have to lengthen the harness to the trailer connection.
Edited: I just remembered a time and work saver. A fellow drove here from Ohio for a bed. On his way here, he stopped into a truck spring shop and had them fabricate some U-bolts. These wre long enough to fasten the bed beams to the truck chassis. Worked great and can be a permanent installation. Use at least three on each side.

Here's a pic of a couple of beds we used, arriving from DRMO on my M35A2C

JohnnyReb

Hey Joe:

Thanks for the info. Long time since I heard from you; I am one of your customers.

If there is anyone on this forum that doesn't know Joe (which is probably unlikely), he is the person who set the standard for civilian market MV's. Before GL became involved, Joe would buy the cream of the crop Deuces and 5 tonners, inspect them and service them for resale. Because of his knowledge and honesty, you did not have to take the risks at auction, you could count on Joe for a good truck.

MVtrucker

Hey, Johnny Reb, thanks for such a great profile of me! You are 100% correct about the trucks I bought and sold. Back in DRMO days when I could spend a couple of weeks inspecting, I went for the best. Didn't always get what I bid on (sealed bid), but I did so much better than my experiences with GL. I have buyers in NC (building contractors) that trust me to the point that they have called and told me that they needed a truck, sometimes two, by Friday of the next week. The truck(s) would be at their location on time and their checks usually arrived prior to, or the day after, me shipping. I once had a rancher out in WY that was desperate for two deuces. I picked out two beauts and shipped them. His check must have passed the trucks. He trusted me and I trusted him.
As I say on one of my web pages, I've been involved in mil-vehicles for a long time, having purchased my first one (1945 MB) in 1973 and I was sick and tired of traveling long distances to buy a vehicle only to find out it was misrepresented. It was and is my goal to offer trucks where full trust can be in the seller.
The expenses involved and the major problems with GL trucks prohibits me from offering much, nowadays. Too many broken crankshafts, injector pumps, tansmissions, and, etc.
Send me a e-mail, Johnny. I checked your profile and your name isn't there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks