• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

OK, lets talk.

mouse

1 so i'm new to this military vehicel thing. in reading the new & old post's , you guy's are freaking me out :shocked: I have had my m1009 for about a month with no major problem's( im verry happy with it) :roll: BUT with all the electrical ,injectors,starters,and charging problem's i have read about, im starting to get a little concerned . my wife just bailed, and this is the only transportation my daughter and i have . can someone tell me what parts i can get at a parts store & what parts i need to start looking for ( for back up).2 Im going to be installing some excesories, would it be better if i ran a new sub painal , and can i tap in directly to the batt. :jumpin:

85-m1028

well the old saying if it aint broke don't fix it comes to mind, I can say that when we do have problems most of us can find help here. "thats why were here" :tongue: I would keep a set of tools tucked away some where metric and standard, the fuel system is metric mostly just about everything else is SAE. a set of back up glowplugs always "if you can change your plug connectors to the larger 1/4" size then you can use any parts store plugs for the 6.2 check out these guys for updating your plugs and stuff http://www.ssdieselsupply.com/category_5_Glow_Plugs__Controllers.html It would also help to get the military manuals and skim through the trouble shooting sections and print a copy to put in the glove box hope this helps you, just remember 9/10ths prepare 1/10th repair :burger:

85-m1028

its a good idea to replace the inectors and rebuild the injector pump every 100,000 miles replace the fuel filter every 10,000 and keep a back-up lift pump and pumprod the lift pump is an easy find about $30 to 50 I think and I had to get the pump-rod from the gm parts store about $22 dollars??. I would check the lift pump fitting that screws into the lift pump, mine was seized tight when I tried to change it out and had to cut it and get a new piece of fuel hardline and splice it together with rubber fuel hose "this hardline goes from the lift pump up the front of the engine through the valley under the intake manifold and pops out by the fuel filter, its a good idea to go through and check all the fuel hose and line fittings and make sure there are no leaks replace anything that looks bad. Keep a bottle of cetane boost or fuel system cleaner and put some in with every fuel up, this will help clean out injectors, keep the injector pump lubricated and net a little fuel milage [^] for the brakes just check the master cylinder and power steering pump fluid and the hose connections from the power pump to the brake master cylinder, if you hear brake pads screeching or feel a woble when you step on em then take a closer look

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks