• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ATF Regulations: Importing FV 432

Sary can

Hey all,

I have been around MVs for the last 25 years, several years ago I bought My first. Great hobby full of some first rate people!
Last summer I naively bought an FV 432 in Canada. Didn't realize our government was so worried about these old things! Well, My bad I guess. I was talking to one importer/owner who told me there is even a ban on the import of WW2 and older US armour altogether.

So I discovered as many of You already know, Smoke dischargers have to be badly damaged to an atf spec to be brought in to the states. Seems a bit over zealous to me. It appears You can't even apply for any kind of license for them. I've heard that in Canada, UK, and Australia they don't have such requirements. Any one know what their rules are?

Its a real shame to destroy historical things. Considering options. Canada doesn't care at all about the machine, it may just stay up there. I guess these kinds of requirements are why some collectors in Europe have refused to sell to Americans- afraid of pieces being damaged.

Anyone have any comments?

Last edited by a moderator:

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sary can that is interesting and I do know that there are some very odd rules out there. I was at one time looking at a MAN military truck out of Germany and because this type of truck was never issued to the public or anything close to it made for the public it was deemed a "WEAPON OF WAR" and if I had actually bought one I would have had to have the vehicle registered and transferred to me through the BATFE, it was treated like a class III firearm! I did not buy one and the thought of a vehicle having to be registered with the BATFE did not make any sense to me at all, like I said there are some very odd rules out there!
Karl

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just unbolt them and leave them in Canada No big deal. You can get ATF compliant copies from khaki corps. This is what I did to my 432.

B3.3T

You are seriously obsessing about smoke dischargers? Something you'll never use anyway? Seriously? As stated, leave in Canada and move on. Buy a set of real ones from Beltfed34 on Gunbroker if it's that big of a deal.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks