• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

headlight killer

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
I need to replace the driver's side for the third time :evil: (I have never had to replace the passenger side.) The wiring for the lights doesn't look as if it has been hacked and I replaced all the rubber isolators when I flipped the lights for the winch install.

I am leaning heavily towards switching to H4's, and using the passsenger side wiring to trigger a relay that would provide power to the lights. any thoughts or suggestions?

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Where do you get the lights? Odd, since, you don't do that much driving anyway do you?
I have only had to replaced one sealed beam since I got the deuce in 1995.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Try idling the engine up a little. The vibration at idle has been known to make headlights die young.

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
used lights (traded other used "stuff" for them). I probably have only driven the truck 1000-1200 miles in the 18 months or so that I have had it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks