• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Total destruction of all End-Use items (end of trucks???)

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Where are the sources, references, and facts behind this "warning"?

The Pentagon also plans on doing LOTS of things that never see the light of day.

rboltz

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got another e-mail alert also. The mil-radio guys are also getting them. I also got a letter from my congressman saying he is looking into this. (and I have a bridge I want to sell). The GL warehouse at Mechanicsburg is half what it was 6 months ago. The goverment has taken it back from GL. Most of the items there are now outside in the "scrap yard" or back lot. Items to sell are way down. There are alot of trucks there now waiting for sale so lets hope they get sold before any new restrictions.

Ron

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah Ron, but for the most part, the mil radio guys have given up long ago. For the past 15 years, most if not all radio equipment is scrapped, run over by a dozer, etc. I've seen it at Belvoir back when they had a DRMO there. The radio guys have already thrown up their hands in frustration and wept over the remaining scrap metal.

However, we need to band together as many groups of folks as possible, from the resellers of surplus items, to the end users, to even those who just hate govt. waste, get them all bitching and moaning to the reps at once, and we can win this!

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
military radios, what a waste.. $18,000 radio smashed to pieces. Someone would have bought it for ham radio use for $1000.

Gamagoat1

Just got the same warning from a friend. Click on the link and fill out the e-mail to your congressman. At least we can say we did somthing, The Libs are trying there best to destroy this hobby and anything else that is connected to or looks like military. Do Something good for our country and fight the worthless jerks. We have strength in numbers if we stand together.
http://capwiz.com/sboa/utr/2/?a=10864411&i=86072576&c=

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
I wonder if this is the reason my EUC's from the last couple of auctions are MIA.......

I sent my email FWIW.......

sak00

Gamagoat1 said:
Just got the same warning from a friend. Click on the link and fill out the e-mail to your congressman. At least we can say we did somthing, The Libs are trying there best to destroy this hobby and anything else that is connected to or looks like military. Do Something good for our country and fight the worthless jerks. We have strength in numbers if we stand together.
http://capwiz.com/sboa/utr/2/?a=10864411&i=86072576&c=
I just sent mine off.

emr

bulldog_mack13 said:
MVPA seems to not care, your right , probably to new for them. So 100 years from now the Iraq War vehicles wont be around, only old wars are cool trucks to collect.
First of all I hope u guys who are complaining about the MVPA "by guessing?" Im hoping U guys are paid members first, and as U are condeming them by heresay, this may be nothing anyway, I don't think they do there work by bragging and blowing it out of proportion, U dont do business with the Govt, that way, So I have put in a call to John Pojunos, COO of the MVPA and will wait to hear what they have to say, I support the MVPA and although i don't care for the last Officers, I am still for it then and now,I have to say the MVPA does care, the new guys in are all awesome!! and have a variety of vehicles, as for saying they dont without contacting them is not fair, TWO of the new Board members Dave up from south jersey and Greg a 4 hour ride down from upstate NY, and John COO, all the way from Kanses came to our last MTG. in NJ, To speak to us because we have concerns and are an MVPA affiliate that does things by contacting and talking about positions not just complaining to friends, See they not only listen they will make an effort to see whats up, these are facts,If they didnt care they would not have come all that way, now i will say it has alot to do with the new members wanting to be more user friendly BUT that just goes to show just how much VOTING DOES WORK! I think the MVPA is our best hope , as is the NRA and the Historical guys that fly the old War Birds, they are the biggest lobbiers of protecting old military stuff, The MVPA has had individuals in the past behind the seens, But they ARE makeing an effort to put together A lobby type group in the forefront, Contact them and be fiar, they are just like U and me, i would support them and help them offer help first, With the Steel Soldier family becoming such a force to be reckoned with , maybe we could be an MVPA affiliate if not I dont know if we are??and would be a BIGGER voice in there scheme of things," I say we because i have made a donation and Love this site, "The MVPA would stand up and notice and appreciate the group and since we are all BIG IRON in the M series , that may be by the way the fastest growing and largest part of this Hobby?? .. My 2 cents randy

emr

emmado22 said:
If they are working on it, they should make it known via the website or the mags they put out. Please keep us posted.
I agree, That is why i suggested we get on there info side if at all possible???the mags being a by monthly are to little to late, and as for the guy running them i would not expect to much just yet, i will post when I hear from John.

emr

As for this E mail .. Its from A reprasentative i actually have met several times, and spent time talking with,, He IS A straight up guy and if its from him I would take it seriously, ..Randy

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
emr said:
As for this E mail .. Its from A reprasentative i actually have met several times, and spent time talking with,, He IS A straight up guy and if its from him I would take it seriously, ..Randy
Where can I find this email?, and if not what did the email say?

cr4x4cruiser

"An update on your e-mails to Congress about DOD surplus
We produced an avalanche: now let's follow up

A few weeks ago, you wrote to your elected members of Congress in support of the continued sale of Department of Defense (DOD) surplus property coded Demil B and Q. Together, we sent an avalanche of e-mails to members of the Armed Services Readiness subcommittees in both the House and the Senate, and you were a part of it. THANK YOU.

To update you on where we are today: DOD has paused in its path to implement the policy. They had the ball at the one-yard line, but your e-mails stopped them! In the intervening period, in an unprecedented step, a coalition of interest groups in the surplus industry has delivered a counter-proposal to DOD. We think it addresses all their valid concerns. It includes increased scrutiny and qualification on the commercial purchasers of aircraft parts, an easy way for government departments who want an item to get it from surplus property instead of buying it with our tax dollars and seamless improvements on the integrity of the end-user certificate process that won’t impact the individual customer.

We know your time is valuable, but the most important story that your elected representatives can read is your personal story. We have attached an e-mail that you can add to. If you can e-mail your legislators, telling how you or your own small business rely on DOD surplus, it would be really helpful to our joint goals of protecting the flow of surplus property from DOD.

Thanks again for your support. As a reminder, if you receive any letters from your Senators or Representatives, please e-mail them to us at info@surplusbuyers.org or fax them to us at 480-563-1678. It really is surplus buyers like you that make a difference!"

http://capwiz.com/sboa/home/

> Government Surplus Buyers of America (GSBA) <

"Your Friends on Capitol Hill"

I did some follow-up work, after reading this thread. While I could not find out any specifics, deriving from DOD, I did find the notice provided above. Odd how none of these warnings comes with any dates attached. Odd how this site is so vague about the organization(s) that support it.

As best as I can ascertain, this CAPWIZ outfit is one more lobby group in D.C. Whatever...

... here's the latest (I think).

It matters not what your party affiliation is, we all buy this excess inventory.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks