• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

decon kits.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a decon bottle with the nitro charge tube. What chem or cleaner did they use in these?

jwaller

ditto. dont mess with the orig stuff. I just mount them for static display. I dont even bother with the nitro cartridge.

Crazyguyla

The nitrogen cartridge had a bad habit of flying out if it wasn't seated right. CO2 cartidges will fit, but wont have the same pressure.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've heard it was toxic stuff. The kits i have are empty. I wanted to learn more about the stuff. I'm just leaving them empty for my displays. They stay in the holders mounted in the trucks.

JDToumanian

I got a NOS decon kit on eBay, ad said it was "empty" ...but it wasn't! I've got a full one, and I feel better knowing that I can decontaminate my truck after a NBC attack. :roll:

Jon

jasonjc

Now the mil used 2 difrent decon kits. One was for training, and one was real. The real one where kept in the nbc room. The training ones where in the trucks. So you need to make shure which ones you have.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The bottle looks like a small fire ext. But it has a nitrogen cartrage with it. The nitrogen looks just like a c02 cartrage that you would use for a pellet gun. Any way. It was intended for the operator to be able to decon the vehicle somewhat after an NBC attack. A decon unit would do a much more through job later. If i had to guess it holds about a quart of liquid. From what i could find DS-2 was pretty rough stuff. They wouldn't let the soldiers train with it. They had to use bleach and water for training. I also found it for sale as a weed killer online. google DS-2 and you'll get more info than you want.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks