• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel tank filler hose

Sam27

Anyone ever have occasion to replace the fuel tank filler hose on an M1008? I cut mine apart while taking down the fuel tank, and the replacement I ordered from LMC doesn't fit. Looks like the original was wider on the filler side than on the tank side, by quite a bit. The LMC one is the same on both ends. LMC normally calls out when things are different for diesel. I'm wondering, is this unique to CUCV's? Maybe they were standardizing with other military stuff that takes a bigger fill nozzle or something?

For now I tried to patch my old hose with silicone and duct tape :rolleyes: - hopefully I can get to the bottom of this and find a real replacement.

By the way, anyone ever replace the fuel tank on their M1008?

85-m1028

you should be able to expand the end of that hose enough to fit? if not then try using a piece of pvc or abs pipe with a couple of hose clamps to splice the old one together temporarily

Sam27

Well, unfortunately I sliced it long ways because it was sized onto the filler neck. I sliconed down the slit on both sides and duct taped around it. Maybe it'll seep a little, maybe not. As long as I don't overfill it, it's just a funnel I guess, there shouldn't be fuel sitting in there.

I tried to stretch the new one, but it's very different in size. I don't think it's possible. I read someplace that the CUCV's have a bigger filler for commonality with other big equipment.

Anyone have a CUCV filler hose for sale? :deal:

Refalgren

Sorry to resurrect this, but does anyone have, or know where to find the NSN# for the above fill neck hose? I'm trying to track down a replacement myself currently, and the local surplus shop (EasternSurplus)is asking for an NSN# as they said they may be able to order one. Thanks

joshuak

Sorry to resurrect this, but does anyone have, or know where to find the NSN# for the above fill neck hose? I'm trying to track down a replacement myself currently, and the local surplus shop (EasternSurplus)is asking for an NSN# as they said they may be able to order one. Thanks
It's 14063334. The NSN's are located in the TM's that end in P, the TM's are found here.

x2 for checking with https://www.hillbillywizard.com/

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks