• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

a little O.T.: free F-600

ygmir

derby:
maybe you have friends between here and there that can take it part way at a time........
I hate to scrap it, it has lots of good use left, if it had a new carb.
Henry

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
why is all the good stuff so far away! I would take that in a moment! I need a big old ugly truck, er.. another big old ugly truck. How could I get it to Texas? What does it really need to be driven back to TX? Would I dare? I am partial to those.. I could come up over the holidays.. Hmm.. but with my luck, prolly get pulled over 20 times getting it back here.

what engine does the pretty thing have?

ygmir

I'd say it needs a carburator, for sure, since, it leaks and has no power. although, it starts and runs.......
The front air brakes have a leak, but, work.
The tires are ok.
no windshields......dented roof....lesson on how far the crane will go down........
2 speed rear end has some electrical problem, it doesn't shift any more.

I'm not sure the engine size, I think it's pretty big, I know it's a big block industrial, I've just never checked.
I can, though, if you told me how........
I wanna say it's something like a 390 c.i.

When it had the crane, (that's now on my deuce), it would run for hours and not overheat, and, ran good enough to operate the crane........

I would just wonder if it wouldn't be as cheap, and safer considering the stuff wrong that needs fixing for the road, but, not to 'work', to have it hauled ifa person could find someone dead-heading down that way.......

I'll help as I can.
Henry

ygmir

I'd say it needs a carburator, for sure, since, it leaks and has no power. although, it starts and runs.......
The front air brakes have a leak, but, work.
The tires are ok.
no windshields......dented roof....lesson on how far the crane will go down........
2 speed rear end has some electrical problem, it doesn't shift any more.

I'm not sure the engine size, I think it's pretty big, I know it's a big block industrial, I've just never checked.
I can, though, if you told me how........
I wanna say it's something like a 390 c.i.

When it had the crane, (that's now on my deuce), it would run for hours and not overheat, and, ran good enough to operate the crane........

I would just wonder if it wouldn't be as cheap, and safer considering the stuff wrong that needs fixing for the road, but, not to 'work', to have it hauled ifa person could find someone dead-heading down that way.......

I'll help as I can.
Henry

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll ask around.. see what a trucker might charge. also have to find the right trailer.. that thing is too big to roll on and off. So don't hold it on my account. The way things are with fuel, most truckers will wait for a good paying load rather than deadhead.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks