• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M60a3

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
but we did it all with out the help of a computer and all the gizmos. am proud to be a Dino tanker
Well I couldn't shoot above a 500 on the Slick 60, about 700 with the A3 and shot 1000 the 1st time out with the M1. I'll take the computer :)

Of course without it I just had to shoot twice as many rounds.

Hitman

all I can say is my crew was top gun 3 times in them.so do not beat up on it too much and the USMC had them in the first gulf war and did dam good with them

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
all I can say is my crew was top gun 3 times in them.so do not beat up on it too much and the USMC had them in the first gulf war and did dam good with them
Yes we in Uncle Sam's Misguided Children used M60A1s in the first Gulf War (2nd Tank Battalion)...our 1st Tank Battalion brethren got brand-new M1A1s off of RO-RO ships, and the difference was night and day. The M60-series is VERY maintenance-intensive, the M1A1 was so much better in every area. Just as we were finishing transitioning to the Abrams tank, I was at the end of my 8 years' service. The USMC tank platoons downsized from 5 tanks per platoon (M60A1) to 4 tanks per platoon (M1A1), the difference was that dramatic.

You can have these old slugs, good thing these are for export, I wouldn't get in one again.

Guyfang

Staff member
On fine afternoon in Grafenwoehr, Germany, 6-7 years ago, I was standing in line at a Pogey Bait stand in Camp Achen. In line ahead of me was a young LTC. He and a 1st LT Marine F.O. were waiting on a pizza. The young LTC was explaining how his tank platoon was knocking off Iraqi tanks at 2500-3000 meters, without a miss. First shot kills. He told this young F.O. that two of his tanks took hits, from the much vaunted Republican Guard, without even stopping. But the most telling, and chilling statement he made was this. "Had I be in one of those Iraqi tanks, I think it would have been simply better to slit my own throat. They had absolutely no chance. None." The M60 series was a good tank for it day. But its not in the same league as the M-1.

Hitman

ok no more needs to be said. I moved on in to the m1 same main gun just some better upgrade's. been out now close to 5 years last tank was a M1A2 Sep and a big night and day to all the old tanks.
just saying the old M60 was a good tank Nuff said.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have only been inside an M60 one time and I doubt I'd fit now.

I enjoyed having my hand on an M60 when it fired its 105 at one of the firing ranges.

It seems to me that given a choice, an M60A3 SLEP is better than no tank at all, a lot better. My Brother was a driver.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks