• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

my modified m882 project

Hoot_223

Im in the process of taking my shortened m880, and putting a 6.2 litre diesel engine and a 4 speed. with a np205 transfercase.

i will be taking pictures of it all soon.

Elwenil

A GM engine in a Mopar?!?!? Blasphemy!

On a similar note, I am currently building a '88 Ramcharger to mil-spec. It's a factory 4 speed, 318 and I swapped in front and rear D60s with 4.10s and a NP205. Soon it will get a M880 BO lamp kit and a 3 color NATO paint job and eventually some HMMWV rims.

Elwenil

I will post some pics when I get a chance. I think I posted a couple pics just as I was starting the axle swap in the Member's Rides section. It looks a little different with the stock 16" steel rims and the big hubs sticking out. Sits up a little higher also. I still have to do a little work on the 205 shifter. The 205 bolted up perfectly where the 241 was, but the floor is apparently slightly different in the '88 Ramcharger than it was in the '81 W250 parts truck as I don't have enough travel to get into 4 Hi. I should be about to trim about 1/2" out of the rod and re-weld it to get access to all the gears. Then the rust repair will begin with a lot of the rocker areas getting replaced with heavy steel, integral rock sliders.

Basically it's a Ramcharger that is heavily influenced by the M880, GM CUCVs and the HMMWV. Should be interesting anyway and decently capable offroad.

Elwenil

I had thought about that, Mike, but since the body lines are obviously an '80s model I figured I'd go with a "what if" type of vehicle as if Dodge had kept the CUCV contract instead of GM getting it. The '88 grille will stay and will be notched for the BO lamp, per M880 specs. I may never get as far with it as I plan, but time and wallet willing, I'll have something a little different than a normal MV or civilian Ramcharger. Sort of a blend of Soni Honneger's War Wagon, a CUCV, a M880, and a HMMWV with a civilian Ramcharger.

Hoot_223

my truck is now in the process of being reassembled, i will post more pics soon and some video of it running

pa.rich

Re: RE: my modified m882 project

Elwenil said:
A GM engine in a Mopar?!?!? Blasphemy!

On a similar note, I am currently building a '88 Ramcharger to mil-spec. It's a factory 4 speed, 318 and I swapped in front and rear D60s with 4.10s and a NP205. Soon it will get a M880 BO lamp kit and a 3 color NATO paint job and eventually some HMMWV rims.

Yes, A GMC engine deserves better! :lol:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks