• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

VA boys where yall at!!!

Alredneck

Banned
Howdy all, just got my EUC in so now i'll be able to go pick up my duece. The problem is im at eglin afb fl and the duece is in norfolk va. i have 14 days to pick it up and will call up there monday to see if i can get a extention. Theres more than one way but im trying to keep my cost to a minimum. So im thinking. 1. does anybody know of a dependable wrecker service that is relatively close by that can pic it up and store it, also crank her up to see if she runs, until i can pick her up on a weekend. ( store no longer than 45 days ). 2. does anyone know of a decent transport company that longhauls to fl. 3. Tow it home with another truck. hmmm anyone got sugestions? Heres pics of her, all i know was she was towed in. Idont believe its a army truck either airforce or navy. she looks to be in good shape but i havent been able to go up there to fiddle with her. Any help and knowledge in these matters and others will be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

Flea

Sounds like you're excited about it. It's an addiction... that's for sure. I've been a deuce owner for less than a month, and I already want another! Where in TN are you?

Alredneck

Banned
My family is in Cordova off of 40 just northeast of memphis. Im active duty Army down here at eglin AFB Fl. Yea im pretty excited been wanting one for years and now i got one just got to get her home

Rocco

I will ask some peopole around here on monday
how much are you trying to spend on towing?
well i live here in lynchburg VA i am 197.13 miles west of your truck.
but you could store the truck on my property for free we have plenty of space.
I will get you some towing rates on monday or tuesday.

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
I inspected that truck a few months back when it first showed up. It looked very good, but had some hidden rust from my memory. I would not be surprised if it would start with a jump. You should contact Ferroequinologist or Blake as they are close. If you REALLY run into a lurch I could help you, but it is about 70miles.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Airshift? Yes. Turbo? yes. Air Force? No. Navy? No. Spare? I see at least 4. Pinion seal leak? Not really. Looks like drippage from being filled or a slight leak at the fill plug. Looks good, congrats.

Alredneck

Banned
Rocco anything you come up with just pm me. I will be doing the same calling around next week but i dont know anything about the area. As for prices fair is fair. I just dont want to deal with someone whos goin to take a couple benjamins then also be pulling parts off the truck while it sits.

builder77 thats good intel i wish i had the time to go and do the same before the auction but uncle sam keeps us busy. i Would really like to be able to go up and drive back. ( take pics of course)

Recovery4x4 my tunnel vision gets in the way sometimes its good to have folks to to bring things to perspective. Thnaks!

Opie

As to getting an extension to pick it up, remember that Monday is Veteran's Day, and the Feds will not be at work. Not sure about the GL boys.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Alredneck,
I can look at it and handle transport issues if you want. I'm still active duty Navy for a few more weeks so getting on base is a snap. I would have had you a place to store it too but the railroad I work for just leased out the enginehouse (that ought to tell you how well the bosses 'think') If you need any help, let me know. Blake is close too, and he does have MVs with him. All my deuces are in SC.

Alredneck

Banned
Ferroequinologist all im looking for is someone who can pick it up and move it to a location that i can pick it up on a weekend. Also see how well she runs to see if she'll go 900 miles to Fl.
Tell me what you thinks fair for picking it up and i can compensate ya. If at all possible can you get pics of the serial number plate so i can get a sf97 started to try and get this thing street legal? I will pm you with my cell. Thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks