• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CCKW with tracks

MilspecKilroy

I believe I have seen a photo of a CCKW with some sort of over-tire tracks fitted for greater floatation. This may (more than likely was) have been a field expedient installation. If you know of this, have any information pertaining to it or have a photo of it I would greatly appreciate you're passing it along to me. Thanks!

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
in US military wheeled vehicles by fred crismon on page 330, lower left is a pic of what you are looking for, hope this helps

saddamsnightmare

February 16th, 2008.

According tomy 1941 Quartermasters handbook for training the drivers, those were know as "Watson Traction devices" and were designed to give the mobility of a half track to the CCKW in sand, mud or snow. I suspect that they were metal and reubber devices sized to fit the CCKW's duals, but have never seen an actual set myself. It would be a neat conversation piece to have for shows, and you could probably be a demon at tractor pulls and such. I hope you find a useable pair somewhere, as it would be worth hearing how well they do or don't work. rofl
Sincerely,

Kyle F. McGrogan
owned by:
1963 Mercedes Benz Unimog S404.114 (Swiss)
1971 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 Wo/W"Saddam's Nightmare" Vietnam and Desert Storm Veteran Deuce Truck

Scrambler

Well, I know of a set which came from Omaha Beach, Normandy. They're not for sale but I will go get some pics soon and post them.
It's all metal, no rubber parts.

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
gimpyrobb said:
Loved the video, thanks.
:ditto:

I mean, how cool was that?!

Not to get off topic, but what year was that film? They always made everything look easy, didn't they?

What tire size would those tracks go on? Were they only for CCKWs?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks