• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WANTED:**HUMMER 37 X 16.5 TIRES NEW...!**

decodeme2

In Memorial
In Memorial
Sorry, I dont have any. BUT! Does anyone know who sells NEW (Not used) Hmmwv 37 X 16.5 Tires?
I have 1 and need 3 more...Thanks!..
Kevin..

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a set of 4 brand new never mounted military MT radials for sale, $1400 for the set.. Will not ship, must be picked up, located in the Hudson Valley in NY. Will not break up the set.

decodeme2

In Memorial
In Memorial
Thanks Guys,
Sorry I just bought 4 for 600.00.delivered..They are at 90 to 95% tread.(Hopefully)..
I did not know how expensive they are..Thanks again...
Kevin...

Jimmy

WOW, if you can get 4 MT radials for $600 you had better buy as many as you can afford. That is the cheapest I have ever seen them.

TedG

I hope they are a good buy!

Fresh new MT's now fetch a minimum of $1000 and up inpart due to demand and manufacting costs. Not to scare you but make sure they are not retreads, have leaks in the sidewalls or older MT tires the military removed in place of the late model MT with the sidewall improvements.

Regards,

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
TedG said:
...... or older MT tires the military removed in place of the late model MT with the sidewall improvements.

Regards,
Are there clearly visible differences between old and new model MTs? How old are the old ones or when did they start making the "late model" tires? And what was wrong with the "old" MT sidewalls?
Guess I'm scared....!

Tks
G.

TedG

From my memory, so becareful :D , the radial rims that are rated for 3800 pounds were made for the added wieght of the hmmwv, along with the improvements to the tire. The rims were then improved with stainless steel bolts to prevent rust and losing these bolts while tire is inflated. The rims have date codes stamped on them with wieght rating. As stated, I am not trying to scare anyone, just be careful of good tire deals. Heavy mv's at highway speeds is not the best time to find out about your tires. If you have shelled thousands for an mv, why scrimp on tires. Just my .02cent

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are a few things not to skimp on in any sort of vehicle that you ride in. Steering, braking, and wheels/tires. A failure in one of those areas is ususally a very bad thing, and at usually high speeds without warning.. Enjoy your elcheapo used tires and wondering what happened to them before you got them.

Im not bitter about you not buying mine at all, and thats fine. If you read other posts of mine, I take MV safety very seriously, because of my time in the Army with accidents there, and the stupid stuff I see at MV shows. Guys that drove their trucks there with brake line leaks, bald tires, class III leaks, dryrotted tires and the like. But ask them how much they got their truck for, they will tell you the low price they paid, and how they have been driving it ever since. Ask them what a TM or PMCS is, and they look at you like you have a 3rd eye. Point out a leaking brake cylinder, and they tell you it's OK. But when one of them kills a minivan full of mom and kids, all the rest of us will suffer when they deem MV's unfit for on road use. If you think that will never happen, talk to some MV owners in Wisconsin. It's not the same issue, but the outcome could be the same.

TedG

Source: Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company Website.

The Wrangler MT/R Military Edition features the following:

* tread life improvement over the current tire;

* patented "anti-puncture pads" to help resist shoulder punctures;

* a three-ply sidewall construction and advanced silica compound for enhanced toughness and strength;

* a Durawall rubber compound to help resist punctures, cuts and tears; and

* an aggressive tread pattern for traction in mud, dirt, sand, rock and snow.

Goodyear, which has supplied tires to the U.S. military for more than 100 years, produces all of its military combat tires in the U.S.

I always buy fresh new tires for ALL of my mv's! Happy Thanksgiving!

Regards,

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The "real deal" military GY Wrangler MT has always had those characteristics, there was no early version or later vesrion. Are they different from the Civy versions, yes. But the military version has always been the same.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
emmado22 said:
The "real deal" military GY Wrangler MT has always had those characteristics, there was no early version or later vesrion. Are they different from the Civy versions, yes. But the military version has always been the same.
Well, THAT makes sense to me!
Feel a lot better now... :D
Thanks.
G.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks