• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Please read this if you use brake clean

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for posting this. I don't plan on ever buying another can of brake cleaner. YIKES! :shock:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This has been posted before about the dangers of welding after using brake clean to clean parts.

That being said it never hurts to repeat the warning.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Despite the fact that it isn't quite as effective, I will only buy non chlorinated brake clean.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Yet another reason when doing burning or wielding that you should be wearing a PAPR as you never know when you apply heat what you will cook up.

wrenchturner6238

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The same kind of thing using a old flame refrigerant leak detector. It's been a long time since I was refreshed on the matter. But would never use one because R-12 passed through flame makes phosgene gas

TehTDK

Last time I used BrakeClean was so soak a couple of Jerry's in it and then I pressure washed them clean.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks