• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel question (I'm new to diesels)

tsmall07

I know they make kits to allow you to run WVO in any diesel through a separate fuel tank, but is there a ratio thats acceptable to run WVO mixed with regular diesel? That would be pretty awesome because I have a very good supply of WVO.

TIA!

Blood_of_Tyrants

RE: Fuel question (I

Actually, in warm weather, WVO will run fine in a deisel engine. In colder climates or the winter, it has a tendency to thicken up. There are kits you can get to make WVO more acceptable in all climates, and I am not sure what it takes.

superburban

tsmall07 said:
I know they make kits to allow you to run WVO in any diesel through a separate fuel tank, but is there a ratio thats acceptable to run WVO mixed with regular diesel? That would be pretty awesome because I have a very good supply of WVO.

TIA!
When you start "blending" you are entering the realm of the dark arts. There are so many differences in vegetable oils, and they all act differently to temperature. You can run on straight vegetable oil without heating it, but it can shorten the life of your IP (and engine, for that matter). It all depends on how much risk you are willing to live with.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Most 6.2's have a fuel warmer just before the IP. You could mix it with regular diesel As long as you burt the whole tank and refueled with diesel with out shutting the engine off. Once it cools then you got pluged lines.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
ken said:
Most 6.2's have a fuel warmer just before the IP. You could mix it with regular diesel As long as you burt the whole tank and refueled with diesel with out shutting the engine off. Once it cools then you got pluged lines.
.....and filter(s).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks