• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

something wrong with search engine???

deuceman51

I have noticed lately that when I search for a topic say "engine oil" I have yielded very few results and most aren't related to the subject anyhow. I'm sure that there has to be several topics about what type of engine oil you guys are using in your deuces, but for some reason the search engine doesn't do that good of a job searching. Has anyone else had this problem? We should have a chart on the forum that tells what types and brands of fluids guys are using in their deuces to make it easy for people. Example: I know that 15/40 is what goes in the M35a2, but are you guys using the new stuff with detergents or buying it special at a farm supply store? ect. What do you guys think.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I am using rotella from TSC. Most of us are.

deuceman51

I was using the search on the left side. Must not like my computer. I just picked up 5gal of Rotella T for the deuce from TSC. Man, you guys could have warned me, that stuff was almost $50, lol. Oh well, cheap insurance for a good engine. I am using regular 80/90 gear lube for the differentials, but what do you guys use for the steering gear box, transmission, and transfer case? Also it looks like truckpro.com is the cheapest for baldwin filters for the M35. Primary $5.99,Secondary $7.85, oil $7.45. Does anyone else know of anywhere you can get filters cheaper for the deuce. Thanks in advance.

deuceman51

I don't have AOL. I'm not sure, but whenever I search for anything it seems like very little ever comes up. With all the 1000s of posts here i'm really suprised that a lot of topics that i'm sure have been covered I can't find. Mainly right now I wanted to know what you guys are putting in your trucks for fluids and where. I just bought Rotella T for the oil, but am not 100% on the transmission, steering box, and transfer case. I'm still working on finding filters also, but looks like i'm going with Baldwin since they seem to have the best fit for the M35. Anyone else have an opinion on this? Where are you guys getting your corrent air filters from since most don't have the CFM right. Thanks again.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks