• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

need LED bayonet lamp P/N

nickd

I am already tired of changing out tail lamps on the trailer when swapping between the 24V and 12V vehicles. Does anyone have the catalog number of an LED lamp that works on both voltages and will work on the turn signal, stop and tail positions of the M series tail light assembly? (The black out lamps do not need to be changed for 12v usage)

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You'll have to do some research, I don't believe the individual bulbs have built-in voltage regulators for the full 10 to 30 volt range, lamp clusters/assemblies do.
First image shows the LED replacement for the 1156 bulb, which is 12 volts. A 100 Ohm/10W resistor was needed to make it work on 24 VDC.

My final solution for the deuce lights is shown in second image below, the guts from a LED STT light assy, $17 on ebay a couple of years ago. It's good for the full voltage range with its built-in voltage regulator.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks