• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cross Reference

jasonjc

How about a cross reference page or forum so you don't have to look all over before you go shopping at autozone or some place like that

I tried to get oil filters for my frist truck here in town when i said what it was for they lafted and said not here. found some part number and went back and they had them on the self.

It would be nice to have them all in one place???

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know we have a cross reference for filters somewhere, but I wasn't sure where to put this.

I just had the need to replace the battery terminal clamps. I went to good ol' convenient NAPA, and found a nice replacement.
Part numbers are 728223 and 728222. One is positive and the other is negative. For those who aren't aware, the positive has a bigger inside diameter. Sorry, I forgot to write down which part # was pos. and which was neg.

BTW, they weren't on the front shelf - had to dig out the catalog to find them.
The catalog lists them as Mil-Spec. :D
List Price: $6.94 each
Net Price: $4.29 each

Attachments

mangus580

This brings up a very good point. I have wanted to build a parts X-ref for a couple months now. What I need, is a list of 'fields' to use... for example:

NSN
Napa Part #
GM Part #
etc....

What I will do, is create something like the TM/TA section where someone can input a 'record' for a part, and its x-ref.

If someone wants to help me come up with that list ;-)

Also, I will need a moderator that wants to help approve each entry as they come in. I know we probably wont be able to verify the accuracy of each entry, but we can at least make sure that its appropriate, and as complete as possible.

Let me know!

devilman96

Im about the least moderate of types in here but I will volunteer for moderating a parts cross for M35's at a minimum. Its sort of what I do for a living anyways... Im more frustrated than blind guy in a booby bar right now because I need numbers that should be easy to find but are not (wheel seals, PROPER wheel bearing #'s not just HALF of them, etc, etc, etc)... I have a lot of rebuild work to do and its annoying having to take something apart and leave it set or (as today) pay 36$ in freight for a 6$ seal... (yes I have issues with being impulsive) :) But over the next 3 months I could verify first hand most of what can be found aftermarket.

I think in some cases like seals, filters and bearings they need a bit more information though. Its easier to find a part when a number will not cross and you have the specs to the part your looking for... and in some cases it would be cool to be able to attach a pic also... When I see a part or PN I can identify I usually try to attach that information to the post discussing it... I don't know what the rest of the country is getting like but walking into autozone, pepboys, or discount is hell compared to the good ole local Napa that seem to be drying up... Today fancy stickers and LED lighted valve stem caps are what make a car go faster... Or at least that's what the bone heads behind the counter seem to think!!! aua ... Having the right info and ALL of the available info on a part is a valuable bit of knowledge....

Mods would be another good thing to address with it... I see posting after posting referring to a modification that's really great but the parts information never gets put along with it, or is often common sense to the poster but not to the rest of us humble minded. I've been chasing this stuff a lot too in regards to leaf springs, power steering, paint codes, blah, blah, blah...

*steps off his soap box*

Just an idea... or several of them!

Oh.... and Mike... I used the search function to find this thread... LOL rofl

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks