• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CAD M35 wiring diagram

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't know where the link to it is, but I downloaded a version last year and would like to list errors that I have found. If you have found problems with it go ahead and list them here. When used for troubleshooting, an erroneous/incomplete diagram doesn't help.
BTW, the wiring diagrams in the TMs also contain errors....

1) The starter solenoid contacts and coil should be flipped, wire #214 should go to the coil not the contacts.
2) The light switch is drawn without circuit breaker.
3) Oil pressure switch in start circuit is not always present. State year when used.
4) Minor point, perhaps, but the blue color should be changed to black for easier reading.
5) Some ground straps should be identified as to location. This includes grounding wires that ground components, like the radiator. Tha dash is grounded via mounting screws and should be noted.
6) Turn signal indicator lamp should be grounded (via mounting strap,actually). Note to self: Check this.
7) Flame heater ignitor unit not drawn correctly, it contains a vibrator and capacitors.
8) Master switch identified as "Ignition Switch".
9) Flame heater circuit should include a circuit breaker.
10) All light bulbs should be shown with part numbers.
11) Fuel tank ground is not shown (ground return for level sending unit).
12) Van body and pipeline BO and clearnace lights shown witout ground circuits.

I know that a lot of effort went into producing this drawing, but revisions are part of life.

View attachment wiring diagram Model (1).pdfView attachment Deuce_Wiring_Schematic_PDF.PDFView attachment Wiring Numbers.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can do the autocad work if you like.

However, might I suggest that we simply add Bjorn's, Patrick's (and others') observations as a sort of "Revisions" chart on the original document? I would hate to take away from the original author's work. We chase this kind of problem all the time at work - that is, trying to manage document control when inconsistencies are found.

What I am trying to say is we leave the original drawing as is. Then I add a list of all of the discrepancies right on the face of the drawing. When you use the drawing, you will need to read through the list of "revisions". I know it sounds cumbersome, but this way will capture all of the history of how the document evolved.

halftrack

That is the correct way to do it junkyard. You would just up it a revision and leave the original. If you could do it, that would better. I was going to have one of our designers here at the firm do it, however, it would save me the hassle of owing one of my draftsman a favor.

Peter Bog

HI Guys
Sorry about the long vacation, The copy i have was realy hard to read, and I did it in about 2hrs.. I will try to get the changes done, for you guys, the one thing that I don't have are the part numbers for the light bulbs, and any other part numbers that you gus think would be a good idea to put on it.
Cranetruck If you know years thay change "3) Oil pressure switch in start circuit is not always present. State year when used"
Cheers
Pete

Is the "oil pressure switch" you're referring to the switch labeled "fuel pressure switch" on the drawing? A low oil pressure switch would require a bypass around it until the engine starts and oil pressure gets up to normal. Very common on big diesel air compressors. Does anybody with a 66 Kaiser M35A2 know if they have a fuel pressure switch on their truck?

edit: apparently I didn't search far enough. just found the updated drawing. Thanks to everybody for their input to this. Now to trace out my wiring and see if I have a FP switch on my truck.

Last edited:

blisters13

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The starter motor diagram is not accurate. It illustrates the connection as only going through the shunts; starters are series-shunt with the power going through the fields AND the armature. I don't remember if it's fields then armature, or armature then fields. But definitely power has to go through the aramture.

NEIOWA

Are wire tags# a milspec standard across various vehicles - such as 21 is Tail light, 22-461-460 is stop/turn?

Where is the a chart to explain

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks