• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

my cucv m1028

85-m1028

here's my truck I did the paint job myself (can't you tell!) with dupont industrial paint, the green was alot darker on the swatch even after 3 coats it was still a wrigleys spearamint green so I had to overlay with black to get it to darken up, HEY are those 35" tires on the saggy old stock suspension?? Why yes they are!!! and still not big enough for the 5800+ pound truck :smilewinkgrin: !!!

85-m1028

the body is pretty straight, when I pulled the old body mount bushings to put new poly ones in I noticed that the rear cab brace that supports the whole back of the cab all the way across was split all the way up, right above the 2 bushings. This is causing the passenger side to sagg about 1/2" so I guess I'll need to tear it appart and weld some plate accross the splits!! :jumpin: I'm not sure how this happened but It does look like it was cargo dropped or something while serving it's tour of duty! split bump stops, smashed parking cable that runs over the 14 bolt, cab brace splits??? bent rear exhaust??

85-m1028

found this one of it out in big bear stuck in the snow!! my daughter likes to ride too, this trip I found out my gal is a better snow wheeler than I :p but I'll be danged if I didn't bring my shovel, "military trucks don't get stuck!!!!" :rolleyes:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks