• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Zil 135

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very cool truck. I have long admired the former Soviet-bloc trucks and hope to get an URAL one day. One question on the Zil...does the rearmost axle steer? If so, how does it handle at highway speeds? I know an M274 mule gets a bit "squirrelly."

Jones

Strange set-up. I've seen a video off of a link from one of the Tatra sites and the front and rear axles steer while the center two do not. Makes for tight cornering but I can imagine 'at-speed' it may handle a little funny.

RenatoPietsch

Right beside the Zil a Tatra 813 is and behind the Zil a Kraz 255. With the Zil all axles are propelled and the Zil have 2 engines speed are 85 km/h. One could buy the Zil for 5.000 euro.

robreznik

Hello - I'm in the UK and amongst other trucks own a Zil 135 - yes the rear wheels steer but the turning circle is not tight :!: and yes they have 2 X 7ltr V8 petrol engines that are quite thirsty :cry: but great fun :D . Top speed is around 65kph and they are reasonably good at that speed as the 'balloon' type tyres help to smooth the ride.

We run a website for Russian trucks which you can visit at http://www.zil131.com/ - should you require any information feel free to join and ask!

All the best

Rob Reznik

robreznik

thought I would add a photo of recent local show ( 25 miles and 160ltrs of fuel :( )

how do a put a photo on the board and not use the shortcut route?

All the best

Rob

KMM4x4

ZIL-135 has been equipped with two engines ZIL-375. Fuel consumption reached 140 liters on 100 km. The general power of engines is 360 horsepowers that it isn't enough for such car as ZIL-135. And the engine on such car needs to be installed diesel. Here is how at MAZ-537 the engine diesel 525 horsepowers.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks