• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just don't get no respect!

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Someone was looking for M1008 CUCV info on another site, so I clicked over to Steel Soldiers to get him the link.

Then I look around on the main site, and look some more, and

No mention of the original CUCV, yep that's right the M880 series! You know the truck that broke the ground for the Chevy's to follow. :shakehead:

dilvoy

Hi Bob, As you can see even though I have an M887, I haven't checked this section for quite a while. I bet if the M880's were stink trucks.... oops I mean Diesels, there would be more interest in them. That 318 with a smogged out version of a carter carb, leaves the truck unable to compete in load hauling ability. Shure the M880 can get the job done, but part of this Military collecting thing is to have a neat piece of Military hardware. The M880's are just to normal looking and don't have the super duty underpinnings that are so popular with the 4x4 crowd now. I have a M1008 CUCV that was rolled and I was thinking of installing a dodge body on it to make it look like an M880. The frame of a dually, part time four wheel drive, Detroit locker in a 14 bolt axle out back, dana 60 not in back but in front, Diesel engine, power steering, NATO slave recptacle, lifting shackles front and rear, more readily available 16" tires, all with the looks of a dodge. What do you think? George

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You know, the very things that make the M880 unappealing make it very appealing. I miss my M887 and frankly would love to have an M880 pickup.

dilvoy

An old girlfriend coined the "Stink Truck" name, because the whole house would stink like diesel exhaust when I would run the truck in the garage for any length of time. The M880 trucks on the other hand never got a complaint. "Dodge Stink Truck" It has a nice sound to it. The next time that I get up to my collection of gems, I'll measure the wheelbase of the two trucks and see if they are close enough for a body swap.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks