• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My deuce, Blue...GOT PAINTED!!!

spicergear

Yeah, so I could only take that blue and white jazz for so long then when I swapped on the OD dropside bed the blue and white cab looked...well...effin' nasty, I mean let's just call it what it was. It's funny...the truck looks smaller now BUT, all the odd stuff I've done; big-ass winch, mack filter on fender, twin stacks...all just seem to fit in like they were there all the time. Even the 100# winch chain (I'm not a bright man) looks smaller! [thumbzup] Oh, the bridgeplate thing looked bland just there with it's big blankness and four empty studs so I had to do something. I had the winch brake cover plate off of the front winch, as I took the brake and housing off, and found that it just happened to be skull-ish shaped and fit inside the outside diameter of the bridgeplate thing. I got creative...or stupid, regardless...I cut out a stencil and painted that thing up. [^]
The last pic rocks!!! I caught it in the rain.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like it!! I'll bet that thing confuses the hell out of the purist folk. It all looks right but you know dang well it isn't. Spicergear, you get my vote on the wildest deuce, and it's pure workhorse too! When its all over and done, I'll probably get thrashed for making my pipeline truck work but everything in my yard needs to have a function.

M1075

Where are the super singles? I have been patiently waiting to see those 15.5s on your 5 ton rims~! They will take it to the 'next level', literally and figuratively.

spicergear

That color is: Krylon, Rattle Can, Olive Drab. HA! Oh, the front bumper might look grayish as I only hit that here and there and wanted to leave some of it's original paint show though. Had a gray area with stencils on it.

M1075, I know...believe me...I know. Among other things I have going on right now...new house, wife gone mad, other truck picked to compete in Top Truck Challenge 2900+ miles away...I want to see them on there in the worst way too.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So, the 715 made the cut huh? That's good news (could be bad I suppose). I don't have anything to say about Mad Wife Syndrome. Need anything from afar, let me know!
Kenny

Desert Rat

SG,
Vast improvement! Now you need to camo it. You want to match the bed completely to the truck, right? Nice job!

Deuce-bigalo

Sweet ride, and you did it all with rattle can and a sore finger??? Dang!! Sweet air filter too! Let us know about the upcoming TTC so we can tune in or if we're in the area, swing by!!!

Gotta give some support to the SS folk! [thumbzup]

John :scool:

P.S - Would that be the tire (first photo of Deuce, far right side of image :shocked: ) of your M715 that is going into the TTC? :hop:

spicergear

Deuce-Bigalo, that IS one of the tires on my M715 for TTC. Have another set of wheels supposedly coming with slightly different backspacing. Tires are grooved 395/85R20 XML's. The tire in that pic looks wickedly out of place as I've trimmed the fender and don't have the flare back on it yet.

Oh, I bought one of those rattle can buddy snap in sprayer things. So instead of getting a wicked flat punch mark in your finger you strain all the tendons that pull the trigger. It would be great if you were only gonna use like half a can...not 12. :)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rollers cover better. Painting these trucks is alot like painting your house. Just scrape, caulk in all the cracks and holes and get to rollin.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Congrats on being picked for the TTC!!! We're all behind you buddy. I am sure we could probably take up a collection around here to help a little with the transport costs. Let us know what we can do to help one of our own![:)]

spicergear

SS, I really appreciate the offer...especially with what's happening here at home. Wife's decided that she's leaving in two weeks. It's too long to get into deeply. Known her for 3 years, 1 year anniversary 04/04/04, bought a house...POOF-> C-YA, don't want to live in east, never want kids, miss family out west...just like that. So that's the nutshell. Now I'm stuck with a pretty steep mortgage to keep the house (which I want to do), got TTC happening, and was ready to pull the trigger on some other really cool plans. :banghead: I'm finding it difficult to be the bigger person about this... :boxer: ...and not chop her to pieces and bury her in the basement. [thumbzup] Oops, I mean :nono:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm not wealthy but I'll throw forth a few bucks for the cause. Chris, this was a good idea, wanna take charge? If you do put me on the list and I'll pitch in what I can.
Kenny

Desert Rat

SG,
I hear your pain man! With me you're preaching to the bass in back of the altos. I'll be prayin' for ya! Chin up. After my disaster I found the one who inspired me to be here with this forum and is backing up my biggest dreams. Have faith that something much better is in store for you. I know it's tough in the dark days and they seem to never end. Things will get better! That comes from one old battle hand......

spicergear

Thanks guys...I know I just gotta keep getting up in the morning and going about the day. The whole deal really pisses me off bad. Eh, oh well...ring finger is almost completely tanned over. :devil:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks