• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cannon plug help wanted.

Jones

The baby HEMTT has such specialized cab to chassis wiring harness connectors that I want to go with a much more common Cannon plug arrangement. Anybody out there have any wiring harnesses that are mostly frayed wire but with good ends? I need two firewall bulkead connectors and their companion wiring harness ends plus maybe about 6" to 8" of harness so that I can reclaim the wire tags too. I priced new Cannon plugs and nearly had to be given CPR at the parts counter.
They don't need to be off of any vehicle in particular since I'm just gonna take them apart, un-solder the old wires and put in new; but they DO need to be complete. Here's a picture of the HEMTT connectors so you can see what I'm trying to get away from.

Attachments

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have some extras, how many contacts and what gauge (=current carrying capacity)?
I'm pretty sure you know how the part numbers go for the "Canon/Ampenol" connectors and if you can find the shells and cable clamps, then the inserts can be purchased separately from this place for $10-$15/ea. The inserts are held in place with a snap ring and are easy to replace.
Get low cost odd connectors on ebay and replace the inserts.

http://www.remelectronics.com/Searc...List=1&sProductCode=004&sManufacturerAbbr=APH

Jones

Mike, the best price I found was through our local ITTCannon supplier where we have a commercial account.
Bjorn, I'm running 14ga wire so the pins have to accept that and the harnesses will feed lights and engine controls. I figure MS-3100's for the bulkhead and MS-3106's for the harness side. Maybe 20-15 on the shell size and pin count though more pins will give more wiring flexibility.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Leonard, don't have anything complete in that size. Your best bet is to look for good deals on ebay and buy the correct insert(s), that is what I have done for the 757. There are so many combinations.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks